TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 08:47:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 291
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 248
  • Total: 248

what is tinyportal?

Started by billy2, February 13, 2009, 02:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy2

am I being incredibly numb here?

I see in SMF mod site - Tiny Portal.

what is TP - a different version of SMF??

**You never understand until you ask the question**

Cheers
Billy

IchBin

billy2

Many thanks IchBin,
I did a search and was faced with 23 pages of results - I am just lazy.
;D
Cheers
Billy

billy2

So............

If I installed TP - what happens to my SMF forum?

How will TP integrate?

Thanks if you have time

Billy

G6Cad

Cant be lazy if you want to try out tinyportal on your SMF, it's just a mod you install though the package manager, but you will have loads of fun things at your fingertips when you have it installed.

You get what you see on this site, side block,. articles, downloads, shoutbox etc  all the around things on SMF
It wraps inside SMF and have the administration inside aswell, so it will look the very same, except you have a lot more content to play with

billy2

Hi G6,
I spend my sad life watching my forum - dont know what I am expecting to see but it has taken over my life.
:)
Will TP cope with Loon themes do you know, or will I end up delving into index.templates again?

G6Cad

If you install TP V1 all themes will work with small tweeks ( like adding a forum button and a few styles in style.css file )

TP V098 is a diffrent story, it demands more usage of SMF source files while TP V1 are more on it's own sort to speak, it holds it's own layers etc..

Bets way to know what you are getting your self into is to install SMF1.1.8 on a subdir on your host, and then install the TP V1.0.5 or 6 through the package manager and start play with it, you will learn a ton by simly play with the settings and see what you have at your fingertips

billy2

Many thanks - will set about that in the morning - subject to hangover of course!!

Cheers for your patience
Billy