TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 01:29:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 188
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Question About Helios Theme

Started by confused, May 01, 2005, 06:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

confused

I hope this in the right place....I am new around here and about 3 days new to SMF so I am just trying to get the hang of it. I downloaded the helios theme for my board. (thanks for making these free. I really appreciate it and they look awesome for my site as it is based off dark colors) My question is.....I have me as an admin and the rank appears under my name and I enabled custom ranks so I can use those and I did that for my name. The only problem is I want to make it so I can take me off the post count based groups.

For example, 0 posts= New Photographer, 50 posts= Small Studio Photographer.........I don't want "New Photographer" to appear under my name, but I cannot remove me from that group. Is there a way I can make it so it does not appear under my username or not?

Thanks again. The theme looks awesome!   ;D

Bjørn

You could adjust the code..but when you update the forum it will the same all over.

Basically you will need to change code a few places, Display.template.php  and Profile.template.php perhaps, although the latter is not so important.

If you feel confident to change code , I can show you how.

confused

Thanks for the reply but I am really not comfortable enough to change the code.

Thanks for making this themes though they look terrific!  :)
Thanks Bloc!

hivelord

what you can do is set your post count high, so you attain the highest rank possible. Heck you could set it to thousands of posts and give yourself the only way to get that rank... unless someone really posted thousands of times.

confused

Would setting my post count require editing lots of code too? If it involves code, I am not so great. I am better at that put in the color here and there..click on this fix that stuff.

So if it doesn't involve a lot of code how would I set my post count high without actually posting 1000's of times?

Thanks!

dpmagyari

Go to SMF Memberlist click on your name when profile comes up as admin a menu will appear to the left. Click on Account Related Settings and you can adjust your Post: in the box to whatever number you would like.

Bjørn

Thats was my first thought also..but I figured it would perhaps look strange to have a high number if its a new board.

confused

Ah! I see it! Thank you all for your time and help. Keep up the good work on the themes Bloc!  ;)