TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:23:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 53

Install problem with SMF1.1.2

Started by virtualdave, February 17, 2007, 03:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtualdave

MySQL 4.0.16 running on localhost This is what is running on the server.

Oddly, I have a test forum with TP successfully installed, running on another server and the MYSQL version is, MySQL 4.0.16 running on localhost. The test forum and tiny portal versions are as follows.

Powered by SMF 1.1.1 | SMF Ã,© 2006, Simple Machines LLC
TinyPortal v0.9.7 Ã,© Bloc
virtualdave

virtualdave

No takers. OK, here are lines 551, 552 and 553 of Packages.php

// Now include the file and be done with it ;).
            require($boarddir . '/Packages/temp/' . $context['base_path'] . $action['filename']);
         }

Any observations?
virtualdave

virtualdave

Should I give up? or is there anyone out there who is up to this?
virtualdave

PowerPyx

virtualdave

Ha Ha! I laugh at my dyslexic=self. So, I have now found out that my PHP version is "We support mysql and php version 5 on our shared servers" Ipowerweb Hosting. Where to now?
virtualdave

PowerPyx

hmn -- so they might have an old php 4 version running but an actual php 5 ? maybe you have to parse the php files with php5 by setting an addtype in a htaccess ?

dunno - every hoster has it's own way how things work or not.. sorry :(

virtualdave

New question: given the situation it dosen't seem prudent to attempt to do a manual install or am I just a pessimist?
virtualdave

Dazed

It would seem to me that given the version of php, if that is the problem, then you either need a new host or for them to upgrade. A manual install will not fix that.

virtualdave

Quote from: virtualdave on February 18, 2007, 11:18:07 PM
Ha Ha! I laugh at my dyslexic=self. So, I have now found out that my PHP version is "We support mysql and php version 5 on our shared servers" Ipowerweb Hosting. Where to now?
virtualdave

So, "we support php5" isn't the same thing as having php5 installed on the server? I thought the answer I got would have ruled out a php/server problem?
virtualdave

Dazed

Like I said before Dave. I went the 1.1.1 and 9.7.1 TP on it. I can't say for sure if it is php related or not. I actually installed a test site today that way. It went easy as pie... Maybe try a test setup in a different directory and DB just to rule out the php or version issue. If you can get 1.1.1 up without issues then it is either 1.1.2 or a corrupted file. Thats my take so far. ;)