TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:08:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 111
  • Total: 112
  • @rjen

Inserting images from quicklist does not work in new editor

Started by @rjen, February 17, 2018, 10:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tino

Quote from: lurkalot on February 17, 2018, 12:20:24 PM
Also dragging a image directly into the edit window now seem to open a the image in a browser window instead of adding it to the article.

I don't get this, it base64 encodes the image for me. If you did it on your old test site where 1.5.0 was installed it might be due to the javascript being cached.

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on February 17, 2018, 12:34:58 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on February 17, 2018, 12:20:24 PM
Also dragging a image directly into the edit window now seem to open a the image in a browser window instead of adding it to the article.

I don't get this, it base64 encodes the image for me. If you did it on your old test site where 1.5.0 was installed it might be due to the javascript being cached.

This might be a IE11 thing actually, doesn't do it in Edge, in edge I just get a warning icon, like a no entry sign when I try to drag one from PC folder to editor.

tino

Technically drag and drop isn't supported in this version. The fact it base64 encodes the image when I do it suggests it's not the best way to do it anyway.

@rjen

Drag & drop works nicely now. I just noticed something funny:

Drag & drop from quicklist = OK
Drag & drop from https location = OK
Drag & drop from http location = image NOT shwoing in the editor, but it IS showing in the article...

See images below.
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

That will be due to when its in the article it goes via the proxy.

If you edit it after saving does it show the image ok? I can't really change that as I think you will see a error in the browser console if you have that open.

@rjen

Yes, it does, edit the article code afterwards and it still shows in the site.

If this cannot be solved I assume it is not a big issue (at least not for me): http sites will become extinct in the near future anyway...

[EDIT] Just relalized why this happens: Chrome is not showing the mixed content again (like before), when I 'trust' my test site the images show up in the editor too...
Nothing for you to fix here...

lurkalot

I'll breach this one again, because I can't remember if you mentioned a solution for this.  How are we going to delete pics from the quicklist?  If you just delete them via ftp (which to me is less than ideal), will this have any affect on the system.

@rjen

I guess this will be 1.5 territory?

What would be Nice is a delete option (x) on each image in the quick list ...

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on February 17, 2018, 01:15:21 PM

What would be Nice is a delete option (x) on each image in the quick list ...

Absolutely.  The only thing is where the same image is used in more than one article, you might delete the image from that article without realising. Then again you can't cater for everything.  I'm a firm believer, that if a system makes it easy for you to upload stuff it should also be able to clean up after itself.

My findings using various browsers.
Drag and drop from PC images folder to the editor works for me in Firefox, and Chrome, but not for IE11 or Edge.

Drag and drop from quicklist to editor, seems to work in all those browsers.

tino

Quote from: @rjen on February 17, 2018, 01:15:21 PM

Correct this is 1.5 with the new drag and drop functionality.

Quote from: lurkalot on February 17, 2018, 01:28:14 PM
Drag and drop from quicklist to editor, seems to work in all those browsers.

As this is all we officially support in 1.4.x then I'll leave it.