TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:25:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 50
  • Total: 50

TinyPortal ready for SMF RC4

Started by Lesmond, December 07, 2010, 01:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesmond

We are pleased to announce that TinyPortal has been updated to work with SMF 2.0 RC4

There are no new improvements, just a few bug fixes.

We the team at TinyPortal would like to thank Ichbin for taking on this project, and making these changes O0

You can download the new update at the SMF mod site here.. http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?board=238.0

And here http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item65 at the TinyPortal Support site.

rubycluck

When I check compatibility for my SMF RC4 with security patch on the SMF site it tells me it's not compatible, only with SMF RC4 (without security patch)???

ZarPrime

rubycluck,

Welcome to the TP Support Site.

Even though the parser says that it is not compatible, the latest version should install fine on SMF 2.0 RC4, with or without the security patch.  If you try to install it, and it doesn't install, just click the advanced link at the bottom of your Package Manager and emulate 2.0 RC4.  Better yet, upgrade your Forum to to SMF 2.0 RC5 first and then it will certainly install correctly.

ZarPrime

IchBin

The emulate trick should work. The people that updated to RC4 security patch probably done it so they didn't have to do a full upgrade. Either way, SMF2 "should" be out before the end of this month, so knock on wood and cross your fingers! :)

lurkalot

Quote from: IchBinâ,,¢ on May 19, 2011, 03:30:32 PM
The people that updated to RC4 security patch probably done it so they didn't have to do a full upgrade.

Absolutley, that's what I did with my site.  ;)  It installed on my site without emulating, but then I had TP RC1 installed before the RC4 security patch, and then upgraded to TP RC1.1