TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 12:53:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,188
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 128
  • Total: 128

Can a theme be given membergroup permissions?

Started by nokonium, December 09, 2006, 11:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nokonium

My board has a 'loyalty' option, regular members can request their own custom theme. Bloc has a range of themes for SMF and TP, but once installed they are available to all members.  So I'm wondering if it would be possible to make a theme with membergroup permissions and/or give the TP theme block membergroup permissions?

bloc

hm..doing it in the theme-block won't do much good, since its there in the profile as well. And in a theme raise the question of what to display, since once loaded, that theme IS the one that show the forum. So they would not get into the forum again if everything was just stopped. or..the theme theme could simply redirect them to index.php?theme=1. That could work. :)

I think the best way is to mod the routine that fetches and sets the theme. TP does it already somewhat, in that it puts an articles option of theme override the other theme settings. So something like that, but checking against membergroups would have to be done.

I am not sure TP would actually need it..but from a community's aspect, with what a portal offer over a forum, it could come in handy.

stormlrd

Nokonium

I agree doing it in the theme block on its own wouldn't be much good, but the theme block would need to check membergroup to display all the themes available to the member or have membergroup options in the settings.

The possible problem of not being able to load the theme because it has been deleted already exists, under any circumstances it would be a desirable function to default to board default, else SMF default, if the users theme cannot be loaded.

Nokonium