TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:11:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 100
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 78
  • Total: 78

TinyPortal downloads manager display problem

Started by old_blaggard, August 13, 2010, 08:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old_blaggard

Link to my site: http://www.terragen.org
SMF version: 1.1.11
TP version: 1.0 beta 5-1
Theme name and version: Default SMF theme (with default TinyPortal enhancements)
Browser Name and Version: All browsers
Mods installed: None
Related Error messages: None

I am in the process of upgrading the site from SMF 1.1.7 to the current version and upgrading Tinyportal from 0.9xx to the current beta. In addition to a could of theme-related differences, there is a major display error on the downloads main page (shown in the attached files). Does anyone have any idea which files/settings to modify/replace to fix this strange formatting problem?

IchBin

I think that might have been an issue that was in TP 1 beta 5.1. Have you tried the latest version TP 1 beta 5.2 ?

old_blaggard

Thanks for the advice. Interestingly, I went through the package manager to uninstall TinyPortal, but that didn't have any effect. I uninstalled and then deleted the package, but all of TinyPortal's effects still appear.

old_blaggard

Update:
I reinstalled the Source folder, Template folder and image folder, and managed to get rid of all remaining TP references I could see in the interface. I then proceeded to install the version downloaded from the SMF mod site (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=97) and I still came up with beta 5-1, even though the file is named TP1b5.2.zip. Any recommendations on where I can get a package that will actually install TP1b5.2?

ZarPrime

The copyright wording may be an issue that we need to ask Bloc about but did installing the latest version fix the problem that you originally posted about above?

ZarPrime

IchBin

Quote from: old_blaggard on August 14, 2010, 07:00:37 AM
Update:
I reinstalled the Source folder, Template folder and image folder, and managed to get rid of all remaining TP references I could see in the interface. I then proceeded to install the version downloaded from the SMF mod site (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=97) and I still came up with beta 5-1, even though the file is named TP1b5.2.zip. Any recommendations on where I can get a package that will actually install TP1b5.2?

It could be that something in your browser cache is causing this. Can you use a different browser to download and install?

old_blaggard

I tried using a different browser, but I still got the same result.

Zar - reinstalling and uninstalling the portal didn't help with the problem.

Any other ideas?

lurkalot

Quote from: old_blaggard on August 14, 2010, 07:00:37 AM

I then proceeded to install the version downloaded from the SMF mod site (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=97) and I still came up with beta 5-1, even though the file is named TP1b5.2.zip. Any recommendations on where I can get a package that will actually install TP1b5.2?

I'm assuming you mean after you install TP it shows the wrong version at the bottom of the page?

If you have installed TP1.0b5-2 on SMF1.1.11 it will show as TP1.0 Beta 5.1  there's a coding error on that version.  When it's installed on SMF2 RC3 it shows the correct version TP1.0 Beta 5-2.

I have the same results in my test forums, here, SMF 2RC3 and TP 1.0b5-2  and here, SMF 1.1.11 And TP1.0b5-2

old_blaggard

Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up; it looks like it's installed fine then.

That still doesn't explain the formatting problems I've been having, unfortunately.

lurkalot

Quote from: old_blaggard on August 15, 2010, 08:59:23 AM
Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up; it looks like it's installed fine then.

That still doesn't explain the formatting problems I've been having, unfortunately.

Glad to help with the version info at least  ;)  The formatting problem you are seeing is obviously a bug, I've just checked with my fresh install, no mods or anything, just a fresh install of SMF 1.1.11 and applied the TP1.0b5-2 mod.  I'm seeing the same problems???  also had to switch the language setting to English from English.Utf8 before I could even see the settings tabs. 

So you're not alone.  ;)  Hopefully the coding team will get to the bottom of this very soon.