TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:22:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 93
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77

How to allow guest searches?

Started by MrMike, September 15, 2023, 07:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMike

Thank you!

That worked perfectly, the "Guest" option appeared in the Permissions list and  Guests are now able to search the articles.

Thank you again!  :tick:

@rjen

I think we should make this change permanent for the next release. There is no danger in allowing this permission for guests
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

MrMike

Quote from: @rjen on September 22, 2023, 08:12:52 PMI think we should make this change permanent for the next release. There is no danger in allowing this permission for guests

That change makes sense to me. In our case it would prevent the majority of visitors from delving further into the site, people usually won't create an account just to do searches.

In any case, thank you again for your help; this was one of the last few remaining items I've been working on.

Cheers

MrMike

I probably should have posted this earlier but I wanted to get the site back up and running first.

The site I've installed TinyPortal on is DeltaBravo.net; a site where parents can find help with divorce and custody issues, as well as learn about Parenting Evaluations, a tool that Family Courts often use to determine who should be the primary or "custodial" parent.

The site has been mostly moribund for a while but there's still a lot of good information that people search for every day (this is why the Search function was crucial to me).

It's so much faster and cleaner after porting it from e107. (Yes, e107 is a capable CMS, but using it is like driving your battleship to the mini-market; it's way more complicated and fiddly than most people will ever need.)

Feel free to have a look: DeltaBravo.net

Cheers!