TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 05:21:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 226
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 176
  • Total: 176

Problems with (CR LF) instead of (LF only) text format.

Started by Enemy1, February 26, 2011, 10:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enemy1

Hi !

I got into trubble after updating to TinyPortal10rc1 running on Linux/Fedora.

The problem was that I got strange signs in TP-blocks, and I did get rid of almost everyone by open every php file and convert them to Linux code in LF only.

Im using "EditPad Lite" that im happy coding in and its got this "Convert to" option that helpt me with finding why it happend.

If you are only testing in windows this wouldnt have been a problem, but it unix/linux this is most disturbing.

I hope its easy to check !
and maybe its only me ...  :-\

Thanks for yours work to keep this great portal alive :D

Enemy1 / a Sweed

ZarPrime

Enemy1,

Are you actually using EditPad Lite to create the php code that you are then using in the blocks?  I've actually never heard of an issue like this but maybe Ichbin will see this and respond as he is more familiar with Linux then I am.  Have you tried any other editors?

Could you maybe attach a screenshot of what these "strange signs in TP-blocks" looks like so that we can see it, or, even better, setup a php block that shows them and give us a link to your site so that we can see them for ourselves

I use Notepad ++ myself.

ZarPrime

IchBin

Never had a problem like this, and I'm 100% using Linux on all my sites. Please do as Zar suggest so we can see what you are talking about.