TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 06:30:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 107
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 93
  • Total: 94
  • @rjen

Regarding TP5 Questions

Started by bluedevil, February 23, 2010, 08:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Im looking forward to TP5 for RC2 release but i have a few questions...

1. Will the article system be included in SMF's search system?
2. Will guests and members appear in "who's on line" while reading the articles?
3. Option to show blocks to guests only and not admin & members?
4. Will it have the same html editor like in TP98?
5. Articles are URL friendly?

Thanx,
Mick ;)

bloc

1. No, it requires too many changes within SMF source files, and would also slow down the SMF search. However, search just within articles only is possible.

2. No, not yet. Since articles are called through "page=" and not through "action=" they won't get picked up by the normal whos-online function. That might change though.

3. You can set blocks to show for guest only already - but admin sees every block still. That might also change.

4. No, FCKEdtor have been removed. Whizzywig is used, with a newer version and without the upload function. Instead TP has a built-in upload section now that can insert images into the editor.

5. It works within SMF friendly url system, yes.

Mick

ZarPrime

Bluedevil,

One thing I wanted to mention wrt #1 is that besides searching the Forum, you can Search Articles and Search the Downloads.  All are separate searches but it's easy to get to those links.  If you click the Advanced Search link in the Search Block or click Search from the main menu (here on TP, hover over Forum and drop down to Search), look for "Extended Search" at the top and you'll see those links.  This is available in both TP 1.0 beta 4 and TP 1.0 beta 5.

ZarPrime

Mick

Quote from: ZarPrime on February 24, 2010, 01:32:27 AM
Bluedevil,

One thing I wanted to mention wrt #1 is that besides searching the Forum, you can Search Articles and Search the Downloads.  All are separate searches but it's easy to get to those links.  If you click the Advanced Search link in the Search Block or click Search from the main menu (here on TP, hover over Forum and drop down to Search), look for "Extended Search" at the top and you'll see those links.  This is available in both TP 1.0 beta 4 and TP 1.0 beta 5.

ZarPrime

Oh wow,...i didnt even know.  Now, thats cool if you ask me.

IchBin

Leave it to Bloc the smarty pants to add those search links to the SMF search page too. :)

Mick

lol,....

bloc, a suggestion...

I think when creating blocks, the option to hide them from admin would be a great feature.

For instance,  we could create a "welcome" block visible to guests only.

In TP98, i did this but as an admin, it was an eye sore simply because it was visible to me.

I use it with the other portal but i had to code it within to work.  Its not a feature either with theirs.

Your article system is the best ive worked with and looking forward to use it again.

Crip

it's simple ......

TP Rules Baby! (my motto) :P
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

Mick

Quote from: Crip on February 24, 2010, 05:07:09 PM
it's simple ......

TP Rules Baby! (my motto) :P

No doubt.  I refresh TP in my browser every hour looking for the "5" on the header.  lol