TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 08:05:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 107
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

I need Arabic-UTF8

Started by Mossa TheGreat, July 01, 2007, 01:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossa TheGreat

Hello everyone,

I need the arabic translation for UTF8. It is a support I need to have on a site I am maintaining. Obviously, I can't translate myself, but there is translations out there, the thing is it is not utf8. And I am not able to reenconde it properly.

Can anyone help please? I need this badly.

PS: I've encloded the non-utf8 language files, please if anyone know how to convert them, convert them, or tell me how to do it myself.

Thank you in advance,

Mossa

G6Cad

Mossa TheGreat

Thank you for your... effort :D I could literally kiss you right now...

But it is not working properly, I did try stuff that gave me the same result...

-> ÊÍÏíÏ ÚÑö ËÇÈÊ <-

See the crazy text above? That's how it shows it for me. The entire forum is in UTF8 and it shows arabic words and characters...

Also I have this crazy thing going on... First, it is missing up the entire theme, second, it is have this double buttons everywhere thing... Mysterious...

G6Cad

Make sure the spelling for the files are the same.

IE:
Tportal.english.php
Tportal.english-utf8.php 

and not
TPortal.english.php
TPortal.english_UTF8.php

The
english-utf8.php and in your case
arabic-utf8.php

need to have the exact same match in all the letters and signs

Also make sure you have the correct language checked in your Admin/ServerSettings/ So it is not just saying  Arabic there, but arabic-utf8

Mossa TheGreat

All is checked and all is correct. I believe it is the encoding which is incorrect.

*START OF EDIT*

PS: I also did the: "Convert HTML-entities to UTF-8 characters", in forum maintaince, while I had arabic-utf8 going on. Didn't work either.

*END OF EDIT*

Mossa TheGreat

Thanks to a guy I met over at a channel named ##PHP, nickname dzekas, I was able to get the right files. Wonderful, isn't it?

I will include it in this post as an attachment, please G6, would you send that file for verification too? Because I think that this one works perfectly fine.

Live strong guys!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

agridoc

Mossa TheGreat G6's files were not right, they rather were not read as windows-1256 in conversion.

The last file you uploaded has the right conversion, I compared to one I did.

However

- The files you uploaded are translated by Croco, who is also local moderator in Arabic SMF Support and they are not uploaded by him. They might be available at his site http://www.andareena.com, I don't understand Arabic so I can't tell for sure. We will have to ask him.

- The files have errors that may cause misfunctioning. This is not Croco's error, as the files given for translation are different than the final ones. What is more important is that some parameters have changed and some options don't correspond to the text.

I will ask Bloc what we can do about this.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

Mossa TheGreat

Quote from: agridoc on July 01, 2007, 09:58:38 PM
Mossa TheGreat G6's files were not right, they rather were not read as windows-1256 in conversion.

The last file you uploaded has the right conversion, I compared to one I did.

However

- The files you uploaded are translated by Croco, who is also local moderator in Arabic SMF Support and they are not uploaded by him. They might be available at his site http://www.andareena.com, I don't understand Arabic so I can't tell for sure. We will have to ask him.

- The files have errors that may cause misfunctioning. This is not Croco's error, as the files given for translation are different than the final ones. What is more important is that some parameters have changed and some options don't correspond to the text.

I will ask Bloc what we can do about this.

Thank you for checking this matter sir. I REALLY need to have this ready very very soon. I got the arabic files from TinyPortal's site. I also visited Croco's thread that he made here with the arabic translations.

Sir, could you tell me how you converted the files? I was never able to perform the operation myself, I wrote the name of the guy who actually did it for me.

Thank you again, I hope we get this fixed as soon as humanly possible.

agridoc

There are several software that can do this.

The file must be read with the proper encoding, auto doesn't work properly with plain text files, then saved as UTF-8, not just unicode.

A remarkable tool, for several uses, is BabelPad (Unicode Text Editor for Windows). It can be found in
http://www.babelstone.co.uk/Software/BabelPad.html

It's free with a suggestion of Ã,£10.00 donation.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

G6Cad

I used Textpad (Recomended by Daniel Hovfberg on SImplemachines) to convert the files to utf8.
It have worked great with scandinavian files so far, but cant say with others  :-\
It's also a "free" software for windows, you can use it but the firts 10 seconds you have the "buy the software and you will get rid of this 10 second wait"
http://www.textpad.com/