TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 08:44:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 69
  • Total: 69

installation problems

Started by akma, July 02, 2008, 07:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akma

hi guys...

so sorry if this is just another noob topic that will receive that so usual answer "search it".
i would appreciate that if that is in fact the answer, plz give-me the keywords to the search. ty

well to start what i have done:
i had smf 1.1.14 and tp 0.9x installed.
So to upgrade to tp 1.x i started to uninstall tp 0.9x, then upgraded smf to 1.1.15 and finally upload the tp package and installed on admin panel on package manager.

then came the problmes, even with the package installed (or at least is what my package manager says) i just see the forum, there is no tp, not even on admin panel.

some info about the installation, the package gets green light on all the file tests (well after many tries (uninstall and install again tp) i noticed that on ftp info page it says that some files and directories are not writable although after i insert the required info it says that all files pass the tests, really don't understand).
i managed to give 755 permission to all files on that list but even after that

during the uninstall all tests fail...

well i would attempt to try manual install but i don't know which are the files that i should edit the permissions and my host only allow 755.

also at this moment i can't eve install my old version of 0.9x even if i downgrade smf.

how and sorry for my bad english, hope you guys at least understand my problem i giveme some clue.

IchBin

Sounds like a permissions problem. Especially if your host doesn't allow anything over 755. If the package manager install isn't working for you, you will have to run through the manual install.

A link is located in the center block above this topic.