TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:11:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 96
  • Total: 96

Lesmond (Leslie Pole) Has Passed Away!

Started by Skhilled, December 15, 2023, 01:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

It truly pains me to tell you all this, but:

A few months ago he told me he had bad pains in his stomach that wouldn't go away. They've ran all kinds of tests and scans, etc. on him but could find nothing. He was online maybe once per week, maybe. And even then he has been very brief. He's been spending most of his time laying down and trying to sleep cause the pain is so bad.

About 2 weeks he told me that he was in so much pain he just couldn't take it anymore. That bothered me a LOT because I've known him for over 25 years and have never heard him talk like that. I could tell that he was very depressed and it worried me a lot.

About 6-7 days ago, he told me that he only has about a month to live! I was blown away!!! That's all he said and nothing more. I haven't heard from him since. The mother of his children and longtime partner are living together. She has diabetes and had her leg amputated about 2 years ago and relies heavily on him!

I knew something had to be very wrong, especially, when he kept telling me that every scan, etc. turned up nothing. Then I would only hear from him once a week or every other week because he was in so much pain.

Dave (Deezel, not the one here) is an old friend to both of us and we were always on Telegram almost daily. He got in contact with his daughter via FB who said he has cancer and it has spread throughout his body. They don't expect him to live to see Christmas this year! That was 2 days ago.

This morning his daughter said that he passed away peacefully with her mum and his dog by his side. :'(

I'm asking for your prayers and support for him and his family.

@rjen

That's sad news. Condoleances to his friends an family...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

Skhilled

lurkalot

Sad news indeed, Les was a long time support team member of TinyPortal for as many years I can remember.  I knew it was coming because you had already told me, but it hits hard when it actually happens. 

Please pass on my condolences to his family. R.I.P Lesmond.

tino

Forgive me, Les was the first doc writer?

My condolences to friends and family who knew him, it's never nice when someone you've known so long passes away.

Skhilled

Actually, I think Bloc and/or Ichbin were the first. I've also done a lot of them as Ken.
Quote from: lurkalot on December 16, 2023, 05:16:27 PMSad news indeed, Les was a long time support team member of TinyPortal for as many years I can remember.  I knew it was coming because you had already told me, but it hits hard when it actually happens. 

Please pass on my condolences to his family. R.I.P Lesmond.
I will.

Quote from: tino on December 16, 2023, 09:05:08 PMForgive me, Les was the first doc writer?

My condolences to friends and family who knew him, it's never nice when someone you've known so long passes away.
Actually, I think Bloc and/or Ichbin were the first, if memory serves me right. lol Ken and I also had a big had with creating them.

Ken.

I was so sorry to hear about Les passing, I know from personal experience how cancer can alter to course of your life and those around you.

I will always be grateful to Les and his wife Lisa for the care and attention they gave to my Mom in her declining years. They would spend many hours every week talking with her on Skype, on 'land line' phone and through email, helping her keep her spirits high... this went on for several years and as mentioned, I will always be thankful to them both. Mom would often tell me how much she loved Les and what a dear friend that he was to her.

QuoteActually, I think Bloc and/or Ichbin were the first, if memory serves me right. lol Ken and I also had a big had with creating them.
Bloc was first, writing the entire TP code base from scratch. Then came Ichbin, with Les and the rest of us following in short order. It was a fast and fun time to be a part of the TP Team, with Bloc expanding the base almost daily and members who were code writers coming up with all kinds of add-ons, like the various block codes.

It was a glorious time for me and our dear friend Les was right in the middle of it all!
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Ken.

BTW... because of the some server changes and other events through the years some of the older members show up as becoming members much later than their actual join in dates.
In my case the profile page shows m join date as July 10, 2009, but if you check for my first post you'll see it as September 14, 2006.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

tino

Quote from: Ken. on December 19, 2023, 01:48:32 PMBTW... because of the some server changes and other events through the years some of the older members show up as becoming members much later than their actual join in dates.
In my case the profile page shows m join date as July 10, 2009, but if you check for my first post you'll see it as September 14, 2006.

That can be corrected if we wanted so that the join date is the first post you made.

Ken.

Thanks Tino, but it's not a big deal except for a topic like this one where it might cause a small bit of confusion for the timelines involved.
I checked the dates for Les and his profile page shows his correct join in date. (January 31, 2006)