TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 01:31:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 127
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 106
  • Total: 107
  • tino

HELP!!!!

Started by ZeroZdr, August 04, 2005, 10:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroZdr

I know that it already says but i dont understand!!

This is what i do:

- I download The Theme cerberus.
- I download SMF 1.0.5
- I Extract Theme cerberus into a folder
- I Extract SMF 1.0.5 into a folder
- I Upload SMF 1.0.5 onto my webpage.
- Now what??

And i dont understand where admin is??

it says: go to admin / themes

Where is Admin???

IchBin

Are you able to view the forums? Sounds to me like you haven't got the forums installed yet, but  I couldnt be wrong. Once the forums are installed there will be an admin button at the top for you to click.

ZeroZdr

Wait a little... OK...

but now the question, how to install??

shall i just copy the files into the SMF folder?

IchBin

You put everything that was in the smf file you downloaded onto your site. There are instructions in the download I believe. In fact here's a post from the SMF boards that tells you how.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=6765.0

ZeroZdr

yeah but i dont understand this:

Open up your favourite web browser and browse to http://www.yourdomain.tld/smf/install.php (where smf is the directory name you chose earlier). Provided you set the permissions correctly on Settings.php and Setting_bak.php you should see a form asking for various settings. Fill these in as follows:

Forum Name: This will be the name of your forum.  It starts as "My Community" but you should probably change it.
Forum URL: This is the url your forum will be located at, the SMF installer should have worked this out for itself so in most cases you can leave this setting at its default value.
MySQL server name: This is where we specify the server that the MySQL database resides on. 99% of the time this will be localhost.
MySQL username: This is the username for your MySQL database, often you will have to set this up in your web hosts control panel, if in doubt, consult your host.
MySQL password: This is the password for your MySQL database, often you will have to set this up in your webhosts control panel, if in doubt, consult your host.
MySQL Database name: This is the name of your MySQL database, often you will have to set this up in your webhosts control panel, if in doubt, consult your host.
MySQL Database prefix: This is a prefixed to the table names in your database, it enables you to run more than one application on a single MySQL database, you should generally leave it as smf_, unless you are installing a second copy of SMF on the same database.

Once you have filled in all of the settings, click on proceed, you should see a lot of information and the word successful on each line scroll to the bottom of the page and click proceed again.

It doesnt work.....!!

DapperDan

first make sure Board/Portal is installed. Also make sure u have admin rights. Log in as admin, then hit the admin button top menu (horisontal).  U should find it between search and profile buttons. In admin section u have a left menu, under configuration, bottom link lets u access and manage/modyfy themes.
then upload zipped theme, with click of a button...then if all previous steps been performed correct, it appears in list of themes, now just select the Theme u want..

ZeroZdr

Im so confused!!!!!

Look:

I use dreamweaver 2004 MX to create website and i use Cute FTP 7 Pro to upload!!

But i mean, in which program is it that it says ADMIN??????????

DapperDan

in board itself...assuming u have it up and running...

The database (MySql/Php and IIS) must be configured before board has a file to write to, im not an expert but my co-admins sure is...so i could ask for u, but im also sure alot of the users here are familiar with setup...if u just hang in there.

from what i gather u already posted on your site..
so it works.. ;)

ZeroZdr

Okey thats fine, but now the question i have asked.

It says:

go into www.yourwebsite.tld/smf/install.php
so i go into:
www.clan-zdr.tk/forums/install.php

that i said before. But when i go into there it just loads the same page
you could even try my subdomain:

http://jonhes.webpal.info/

there it loads a uknown page

DapperDan

Quote from: IchBinÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â,¬Å¾Ã,¢ on August 04, 2005, 01:13:07 PM
Are you able to view the forums? Sounds to me like you haven't got the forums installed yet, but  I couldnt be wrong. Once the forums are installed there will be an admin button at the top for you to click.

Zero, you are askin us questions i think u should ask Bloc about..
He's the guy in charge here...but any person with more knowledge then me should also be able to help u...

and another thing!  i hate public hosting...go Pro, if u gotta go!