TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 06:38:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 93
  • Total: 93

Any plans on making TinyPortal ready for SMF 2.1?

Started by @rjen, January 01, 2016, 03:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illori

not yet. some of them may not be able to fixed and others have not been duplicate to be able to fix.

illori

Quote from: @rjen on January 04, 2016, 04:13:54 PM
This one is strange.

If I go to my profile and try to access the Tinyportal options there (Portal Summary, Articles, etc..) it does not let me in: instead I get message: An Error Has Occurred, You are not allowed to access this section.

This is not right (I am admin). Tried with a regular accoutn as well, same problem?

Quote from: @rjen on January 06, 2016, 08:26:49 AM
One more obeservation: every time someone tries to access a non-existing topic or board below error message is logged:

8: Undefined index: tp-tphelp
http://test.fjr-club.nl/index.php?topic=7537.0
/home/deb77453/domains/fjr-club.nl/public_html/test/Themes/default/index.template.php
Regel: 354

351: // There is now a global "Go to top" link at the right.
352: echo '
353: <ul>
==>354: <li class="floatright"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=tpmod;sa=help">', $txt['tp-tphelp'], '</a> | <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help">', $txt['help'], '</a> ', (!empty($modSettings['requireAgreement'])) ? '| <a href="'. $scripturl. '?action=help;sa=rules">'. $txt['terms_and_rules']. '</a>' : '', ' | <a href="#top_section">', $txt['go_up'], ' ▲</a></li>
355: <li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(), '</li>
356: </ul>';
357:

both of those issues should be resolved. committed to github. i still need to add the utf-8 language edit but should be good enough for now.

@rjen

Great,

I reinstalled the GitHub package and now the tphelp issue is gone. Also the tinyportal section in the profile is accessible.

I now only have one recurring error on TP:    8: Undefined index: forum_name

Another note:
I have deactivated the TP Shouts and Download module, however this still shows in the User profile settings. (http://test.fjr-club.nl/index.php?action=profile;area=tpdownload;)

Due the fact that the download module is not switched on this function always throws in an error message.
Would it not be more logical to NOT show the option in the user menu (Portal Summary > Tiny Portal > Uploaded Files) ?
The same would apply to the "View Shouts" option...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

I resolved the forum name message based on the not on the SMF forum: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=27642.msg3856486#msg3856486

For now I just removed the forum_name variable from the TPortal.english.php file

//$txt['whoall_forum'] = 'Viewing the board index of <a href="' . $scripturl . '">' . $context['forum_name'] . '</a>.';
$txt['whoall_forum'] = 'Viewing the board index of the forum';

illori

Quote from: @rjen on January 16, 2016, 09:32:32 AM

Another note:
I have deactivated the TP Shouts and Download module, however this still shows in the User profile settings. (http://test.fjr-club.nl/index.php?action=profile;area=tpdownload;)

Due the fact that the download module is not switched on this function always throws in an error message.
Would it not be more logical to NOT show the option in the user menu (Portal Summary > Tiny Portal > Uploaded Files) ?
The same would apply to the "View Shouts" option...

i might be able to fix the dl stuff but i dont think i can fix the shoutbox as there is no real enable/disable setting to show or not show settings related to it.

@rjen

DL stuff would be great. That causes messages in the log. Shoutbox does not do that.

illori

in TPortal.english.php add $txt['tp-dlmanageroff'] = 'The DL Manager module is not active.'; somewhere that will stop the errors.

@rjen

Actually, it does not: I made that change in my forum already a year ago: now it drops these messages in the error log with a description, but they are still errors.

And since 2.1 shows all errors in the menu for admins I will still see all these in the log...

Users tend to click on options in their profile if they find them: and this option is useless since the download manager is not in use.

I have had to explain this already a number of times to the users in my forum, therefor it would be an improvement if the option is not shown when the download manager is not active...

@rjen

Now I can switch the Editor on and off I have been testing some layout questions I had: in the new TP articles I noticed that the style elements I use to in my articles do not show the same layout as before.

I cannot seem to resolve the issue.

What I see is that the style elements I was used to from the standard SMF css do not seem to work in Articles anymore.

Mostly the layouts for paragraphs < p> < /p> and lists < ol> ( ul> are not shown in the usual styles anymore.

For comparison, check this article:

In SMF 2.0.11 with TP 1.2
http://www.fjr-club.nl/index.php?page=8

In SMF 2.1 with TP 2
http://test.fjr-club.nl/index.php?page=8

illori

Quote from: @rjen on January 16, 2016, 03:14:49 PM
Actually, it does not: I made that change in my forum already a year ago: now it drops these messages in the error log with a description, but they are still errors.

And since 2.1 shows all errors in the menu for admins I will still see all these in the log...

Users tend to click on options in their profile if they find them: and this option is useless since the download manager is not in use.

I have had to explain this already a number of times to the users in my forum, therefor it would be an improvement if the option is not shown when the download manager is not active...

i might be able to get the button to go away for the downloads. still looking into it.