TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 25, 2024, 06:12:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 136
  • Total: 136

Image Verification issue

Started by 2bz2p, September 16, 2007, 01:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin

Is your forum set to use UTF8? Is your database also set to UTF8 ?

2bz2p

Yeah both were, Then I went and uninstalled TP and changed the server settings to english and reinstalled TP and everything works. I dont understand it and I know the Database is (should be) UTF8 because I didnt change it.

All in all its working for now

Thank you all for your help
2B

2bz2p

Please excuse my double post once again  :-\,

So I just went to the site and the laguage like reverted back to UTF8 and until I went and change it to english, the text/image verification wouldnt come back.

I dont have a clue what the problem is, but its definately a language problem.

Thanks for all your help,
2B

Zetan

Quote from: 2bz2p on September 17, 2007, 11:18:49 PM
Hi all,

Excuse my double post please, though I uninstalled SMF and Reinstalled it. When I install Tiny portal the verification works, once I copy the English-UTF8 files into the themes/default/languages it stops working.

Any suggestions,
2B

Is your forum configured to use UTF-8?

Some of this guide has pointers for UTF-8 conversion.
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=16356

If you re-installed theres a 50% chance its IS0, depending on how you installed it.

2bz2p

Zetan,

Thanks for the suggestion I tried it and it didnt work out.

I thought maybe it was the UTF8 alone with out TP, though when I uninstalled TP and set the language to english-UTF8, I still had the image verification. I then installed TP under the UTF8 language setting and the verification was gone.

Thanks again, I am gonna keep racking my brain with trial and error situations,
2B

EDIT: Since this is a website for just me and my friends and stuff, I am not going to stress about the verification and manually approve everyone, though if yall come up with any Ideas please post em and I will try it.

Thanks again
2b

2bz2p

Once again please excuse my double posts ( I should just copy and paste this)

So I was copying all my english.php files and pasting them in the english-utf8.php files and I was like what the heck why not do the same with the TP Language files.

I notice some interesting about them when I did this:
<?php

<?php
// Version: 0.9; TPortalAdmin

$txt['tp-by'] = 'by';
$txt['tp-adminonly'] = 'You have no access. Only Admins can view this section.';
$txt['tp-generalsettings'] = 'General Settings';

After I had copied all the files the image verification is working and everything seems to be happy.

Once again thank you all for your suggestions and comments. I do appoligize for any wrong doing (i.e. PMing Zetan)
2B

Zetan

hmmm.. I've not seen that happen before.

greenie

I have the same problem.

It seems the problem emerges when your database is in UTF-8 format and you use UTF-8 language files.

I'll have to check my TPortal language files and see if that helps. While doing that, I could also translate the files in to Finnish :)

Zetan

greenie

Unfortunately it wasn't the language files. I also tried to change the language from finnish-utf8 to english, but that didn't make any difference.

Does TP somehow expect to get latin1 from the database and freaks out from UTF-8?