TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 05:11:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,188
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 117
  • Total: 117

Export / Import articles

Started by boillzz, September 01, 2010, 11:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boillzz

Hello ,

We currently run a SMF + joomla site . We have more than 300 news and articles  stored on the joomla .

We are in the process to upgrade the site and use tiny portal + smf instead of joomla.

My question is : does an importer tool exist to help us create automaticly the articles in tiny portal ? If not, i will script something but  maybe you have advices ( name of the sql tables , and fields required )

Thank you for your help  O0

IchBin

Unfortunately no converter available, but it certainly has been thought about. Bloc will have to have to answer on the details of the DB tables and stuff that is used, but for the most part all the article data is stored in tp_articles and tp_variables from what I can see. When an article is created a new row is inserted into each of those tables.

ed_m2

i made a start at doing this..... but it was rather painful !

especially if you want to parse the images back in from the image list in mambo/joomla.. etc etc

boillzz

Thanks for your answers . Well we never user image or joomla tags in our articles so it isn't a problem .

I think i just have to take care of create the categories ( tp_variables ) , and then insert the articles, and specify the good format ( html or bbcode ) ( in tp_articles ). If no other tables are involved , i think it's rather simple . There is this "tp_event" table , i don't know if i need to use it .

I 'll put my "code" here, when i'll have something working.

IchBin

I'll point Bloc to this topic so he can give you any advice he thinks necessary.

bloc

The tp_event isn't necessary to use, its just a log table of added articles, to be used in a future feature.

The categories should be easy, and yes, articles exists only in the tp_articles table.

I haven't looked at Joomla, but I could check to see if a converter could be made - unless you already have something good working. In any case it might be beneficial for all if I do make one though, but again, have to take a look at it first.