TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 12:54:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,179
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 70
  • Total: 70

Help with modified Default Core theme. or name that block

Started by vwarrior, February 25, 2009, 12:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vwarrior

I don't know what to call this block or panel, I want to turn it off or eliminate it, it can be collapsed, so I thought it is TP? 

SMF 1.1.8
TP 1.0.6
Site is here

vwarrior

I'm using a smf theme not setup for TP.  Category tree or line doesn't work with this particular theme, I want to eliminate the category line from showing.  I also want the article or block beneath where the space for the category line to close the space where the category line is shown.

How do I do this?

Zetan

Nope.. It's part of the Default Core theme, of which you have an edited copy of. All of that is in the themes, index.template.php file and it's part of SMF's theme.

Zetan

Again, part of the Default Core theme.

I'm merging both topics as they relate to the same theme.

vwarrior

Quote from: Zetan on February 25, 2009, 01:15:40 PM
Again, part of the Default Core theme.

I'm merging both topics as they relate to the same theme.

Thanks for jumping on this, however
We are talking about ARTICLES not post in the forum, articles are TP, and the appearance of the category is on frontpage or other pages generated by TP.

So please direct me to the code that address both problems rather than shoving me over to SMF who will tell me nothing because the I'm inquiring for TP.

Zetan

Well, turn off the "Display linktree" option in each of the Articles, settings.

And for the "shoving you over to SMF", you can do that now for the user header in the theme.

Z

IchBin

In your frontpage settings, if you uncheck "show user/info news up top", does that section go away? If not, then you'll have to manually alter the theme code to take out what you don't want.

vwarrior

Quote from: Zetan on February 25, 2009, 01:48:43 PM

And for the "shoving you over to SMF", you can do that now for the user header in the theme.Z

The display linktree, I missed.  Thank you, of course you can expect that from a TP/SMF noob.

As for the 2nd item I'm looking at my theme's index.template.php now.  I have found what generates it, just trying best course mod it.  It would be simple If I could keep that block collapsed permanently.

vwarrior

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on February 25, 2009, 02:38:33 PM
In your frontpage settings, if you uncheck "show user/info news up top", does that section go away? If not, then you'll have to manually alter the theme code to take out what you don't want.

Thanks for the reply IchBin,  I tried it, still appears.  What a waste of space in this theme.  I will have to mod it.

Zetan

Quote from: vwarrior on February 25, 2009, 02:59:30 PM
Quote from: Zetan on February 25, 2009, 01:48:43 PM

And for the "shoving you over to SMF", you can do that now for the user header in the theme.Z

The display linktree, I missed.  Thank you, of course you can expect that from a TP/SMF noob.

As for the 2nd item I'm looking at my theme's index.template.php now.  I have found what generates it, just trying best course mod it.  It would be simple If I could keep that block collapsed permanently.

I never treated you as a "noob". I did assume they were both theme related. I was wrong, bite me.. I will
bite back ;]

I suggest for now that you comment out sections:

// line comments are ignored by browsers

/*
paragraph comments
are also ignored by browsers..
This includes code wrapped in comment tags!
once commented, code is ignored by browsers.
great for testing and experimenting!
*/

Play with it a bit, see what happens.. the only way to learn is by trial and error. I'm tired tonight and not really in the mood to do it, so, do what most of us do... play!