TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:33:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 264
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

A few questions on modules.

Started by anyoldcard, October 30, 2007, 11:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anyoldcard

I am interested in two modules but in the past have had a few problems with some mods not being fully functional. Now that I have Tiny Portal and I am fully satisfied I would like to know about two mods and if ther are any conflicts.

One is a mod that i have seen a few time, I do not know if it is updated regualr enough to work on 114 or not and the same with the 2nd mod. The first is the "Traders Mod". When trades are inacted, it keeps a record and lets you know of good transactions and bad transactions.

The other mod is the one that gives a member points for posting, getting new members and that sort of thing. In Vbulletin I think there is even a bank. I have used the SMF points mod a while back but I do not even know if it will work with the current version or if it will work with TP installed.

Heres the link to the forum.

http://www.pitcardtalk.com/forum/index.php

If you do not allow posts of sites please delete it and if there is a showcase thread I will try to hit that next time. I have a gradual built in member base so I am not posting the addy here for traffic. I am also interested in the mod that tells who logged in within the last 24 to 48 hours but it does not say if it is compatible. Maybe on some of these mods it is a trial and error thing.

Nokonium

There can always be problems with some SMF Mods, usually on installation, because of the code they need to find and modify. It is always best to install the largest Mods first and the smaller Mods last.

TP Modules are not the same thing as SMF Mods. TP Modules will be specific to Tiny Portal and will add additional functions to it. They will not install into SMF without TP.

anyoldcard

Ahhhhh! That helps. I kinda thought that there would not be too much talk in TP forum on third party mods for SMF. Makes sense and I guess theres only a couple TP mods around.

I was wondering if some of the SMF mods might clash with TP? They have to have been tested by now but probably not with the 114 being as new as it is. Thanks for your help.

I will go to the SMF forums and do some research there on 3rd party mods but they too are not to fond of third party mods and they will not offer any kind of support or answers. There should be a site for addons and mods.