TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:09:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 100
  • Total: 100

Know a good hosting provider in the USA?

Started by Skhilled, December 03, 2005, 12:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moocat

Skhilled

Thanks everyone. I'll check these out.

Quote from: Moocat on December 03, 2005, 02:18:11 AM
i suggest if you want some decently priced hosting but you know your way around your cpanel, etc. to go with www.protechgaming.net
i'm using them and get a great price, and haven't even needed to talk to tech support yet once.

A lot of the links didn't work on that site and one of the links locked up my browser.

redeye

www.charlottezweb.com

I believe Jason does some of the hosting for the guys at SMF.
Very good prices and 99.999999999% uptime.

SoaringUSAEagle

www.godaddy.com has great service, which is who I use.

Economy Plan:
â€Ã,¢ 5,000 MB Space   ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã,¢ 250 GB Transfer
â€Ã,¢ 500 Email Accounts   ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã,¢ 50 Email Forwards
â€Ã,¢ 10 MySQL Databases

$3.95/mo for at least 2 months to begin with... then can keep them if ya like em....

- Jeff

WSA

Skhilled and I both have the same provider currently.  Not sure what plan he is on but I have 100mb storage and 7gb per month transfer for about $25.00 per year.  I also believe that we are on the same server and he is correct.  Recently, it has been going down quite often due to various loads on the database or whatever they do.

I am not sure if I am ready to switch servers just yet but it is getting pretty annoying.

Tee

http://powweb.com  hosting, I have been with them 5 years.  5000mb storage, very liberal package.  They cost about 7.77 per month.

Thanks

Doug

WSA

Kind of wierd.  Our server is down again right now.

Moocat

i used to have that problem all the time with totalchoicehosting.
fortunately, i switched and just have a test site running there. however, i just acquired a new computer from my own trash heap (apparently a family member threw out a perfectly good pos computer with plenty of working parts in it while i was away at college). i had a friend grab it for me and i'm gonna stick linux on it (i think windows is what broked it) and run it as my test server. whee that should be fun, finally not having to pay for my website, and have unlimited everything but on a slow cable connection... (sigh)
fortunately, "you get what you pay for" isn't always true ;)