TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 02:57:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 108
  • Total: 108

Lions vs Heynas

Started by Xarcell, August 04, 2006, 02:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarcell

http://www.stupidcollege.com/items/Lions-Vs-Hyena

This video gets me hyped for some reason. Don't mess with my boitches!

IchBin

Its amazing how powerful they are. We have some mountain lions here that are about the size of a hyena but a little longer. I've seen a video of one that chased down a deer and jumped on its back, then reached up and grabbed the deer's head and broke its neck. Its was crazy...

Xarcell

ever seen "ghost in the darkness" based on a true story?

IchBin

yeah, that was pretty freaky. All the bones in the cave and stuff....

mnichols7

I remember a movie called the Ghost and the Darkness, about two man eating lions that worked together.  Is that the same movie you are talking about?

Xarcell

Ya, that's teh same one I'm talking about. It's based on a  true story...

mnichols7

Yeah, I know.  It was a very difficult movie to watched.

Xarcell

It just freaked me out that 2 lions could do that. Who ever heard of 2 lions working together to kill man for pleasure?

Males lions are territorial, and dominating. They are supposed to kill each other, not man.

mnichols7

Precisely.  From all the documentaries I've seen, there was one male lion to a pride, which included all females and their off spring.  Male cubs, once they became sexual mature, was chased off by the male.  Often times these juveniles roamed alone fending for themselves until they became brave enough to challenge an established male for head position of a pride.

I think this is what happened in this story, two loners and a happen-chance meeting that resulted in a strange union.  It was to their benefit to do so, and thus the result of hunting man, which is a slow and clumsy prey.

Easy pickings as it were!