TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:12:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 100
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 70
  • Total: 70

...I know, everyone's bugging here.....

Started by jkarlaveagen, September 04, 2006, 06:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarcell

.9.5 would have been out sooner, but we just kept finding bug after bug. Bloc developed the bugtracker just to help track the damn things. .9.5 is alot different structure wise from previous TP. It also has just a few new features, but is alot more user friendly.

With the last test of it, there was only 2 bugs, and both solved already. Special thanks to Thurnok, Harzem, feline and Max for bug tracking/suggestions.

Bloc has repeated that he really wants to get this out, but it takes patience to find the bugs. So I don't want you guys to feel like Bloc is being stengy, he's just trying to make sure it is optimized.

So we'll all have to wait. Hopefully, it will be very soon...

jkarlaveagen

Quote from: Xarcell on September 04, 2006, 07:22:47 PM
.9.5 would have been out sooner, but we just kept finding bug after bug. Bloc developed the bugtracker just to help track the damn things. .9.5 is alot different structure wise from previous TP. It also has just a few new features, but is alot more user friendly.

With the last test of it, there was only 2 bugs, and both solved already. Special thanks to Thurnok, Harzem, feline and Max for bug tracking/suggestions.

Bloc has repeated that he really wants to get this out, but it takes patience to find the bugs.

So we'll all have to wait. Hopefully, it will be very soon...

Yeah, I know....I know.  I'm just impatient with good stuff like this.

And, I mean, I know that Bloc (and the rest of you guys) is/are too.  Already get praise over the previous TP, and if this one is -more- user friendly...I mean....that's even better.  It's just the anticipation is driving me crazy...*L*  BUT....at least it's not just a quick code and then thrown out, then with 50 fixes within the week....that'd be a pain too.

G6Cad

Will just add in that a lot of work have been done to make TP more multilanguage friendly, and move all hardcoded languagestrings to the English language files have also taken a very long time, there are a lot of text all over in TP ;)
Another thing that have taken time is the articles and download section, a lot of changes have been made, and some parts have had to be recoded totally for the features to work as you and we have suggested to Bloc in the feedback forum.
But i can assure you, that you wont be disappointed when you finally can download it and install it to your forums, especially the forum and postal owners that use foreign languages, but also want to have the ability to have more then just English and the local language to their community's. Even the blocks are switchable for what language the users set to use in the profile.
So i cant even imagine all the hours Bloc have put in to make this happen to all of us :)

I will now lock this thread, no point in more explanations here ;)