TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:27:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,158
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 101
  • Total: 101

Download System

Started by BaconWizard17, November 10, 2020, 09:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaconWizard17

Hi all! I hope this is the right place to post this.

I've been looking at adding a download system and other functionality to my forum. The download system is the thing I'm mainly interested in, but I really like the functionality of TinyPortal as a whole. I had a few questions about the download system however:

• Can off-site hosting be used? For example, can a user host their files on a site like MediaFire, and then add that link to the download system?
  • It seems like users are able to submit content as they choose, correct?
  • If so, are users able to edit the content they've submitted? Such as for updating links or information?
  • Is it possible to set it up so that admins/higher-ranked users are able to approve the content before it's added?

Please let me know about this! Thanks a bunch

Oldiesmann

1. Yes, off-site hosting can be used. When you go to add the item, you can specify an external URL and choose the option to not actually upload anything (so you create a new "empty" download pointing to an external site instead).

2. Yes, given appropriate permissions. You can also specify what types of files can be uploaded.

3. I'm not sure about this one.

4. Yes, there's a setting to require approval of all downloads, and you can give user groups permission to manage the downloads system.

tino

3. Yes you can grant permissions to edit/manage content although it isn't limited to just their downloads and is for the whole section.

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on November 11, 2020, 08:03:38 PM
3. Yes you can grant permissions to edit/manage content although it isn't limited to just their downloads and is for the whole section.

Yep.  I was going to say the same, giving the permission lets them manage the whole downloads sys.