TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:20:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 151
  • Total: 152
  • tino

Link goes no where

Started by bigguy, December 03, 2018, 03:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigguy

So I installed TP on

https://www.whatsurbeef.net/index.php
Can you tell me why some of the links on the front page are broke. You should see what I mean when you get there.

tino

The Read More I'm guessing.

Seems the html is broken, I'll look in to it later today as it's really early in the uk.

lurkalot

Some strange stuff going on in there, I've not seen that before. Error console is throwing up some extra head and body tags, and

Extra "<html>" tag found. Only one "<html>" tag should exist per document.

Unexpected start tag.
Unmatched end tag.
Unexpected DOCTYPE. Only one DOCTYPE is allowed and it must occur before any elements.

Might not be anything to do with this, but wondering if something else is interfering with the page, the block(s) across the top perhaps.

@rjen

Was just looking at it as well: the extra tags are from the first block itself:
It seems that block contains extra Html code as well as css elements: must be in the block itself. Dangerous, but I don't think that causes issues with the read more links though.

I would like to know what frontage layout is chosen: I am guessing it is layout 4?
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on December 03, 2018, 07:08:37 AM
Was just looking at it as well: the extra tags are from the first block itself:
It seems that block contains extra Html code as well as css elements: must be in the block itself. Dangerous, but I don't think that causes issues with the read more links though.

I would like to know what frontage layout is chosen: I am guessing it is layout 4?

Just tried it on my live testsite, it is broken.  ??? http://cctestsite.info/testsite3/index.php

@rjen

Ok, found it in my test site as well: there is a problem with the read more links and forum posts, and (of course) it only breaks in 2.1...

We'll need to check the exact cause...

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on December 03, 2018, 07:26:10 AM
Ok, found it in my test site as well: there is a problem with the read more links and forum posts, and (of course) it only breaks in 2.1...

Thanks, I will just add the problem seems to exist which ever layout used, so guess we can knock that one on the head.  ;)

bigguy, really sorry, we obviously missed this during testing the last versions, we'll try and get you sorted asap.  This is a problem we have with lack of beta testers unfortunately, no excuse though I should have checked it.  :-[

tino

Quote from: @rjen on December 03, 2018, 07:26:10 AM

Can you let me know the configuration? I have forum posts and read more enabled and it's ok for me with the default layout.

@rjen

See here for details:

https://test2.fjr-club.nl/index.php

I have tried:
Only forum-posts
Selected topics + articles on the frontpage
Forum-posts and articles - sorted on date

and they all break atm ...

Articles layout for frontpage set to D

It is funny: the code is working fine for 2.0 and there is no syntax problem: I get the feeling 2.1 is somehow affecting the display of links is the message body it seems...

tino

Ok I've tried every combination I can and they all work ok here.

So can we all confirm the PHP Version used, frontpage layout setting and style.

Also what version of SMF 2.1 are you using, mine is the latest downloaded this morning. Revision 82b72df32a553b0dc9f8069099af0cee9786e418