Login  |  Register
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

February 05, 2023, 09:58:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3856
  • Latest: Bixby
Stats
  • Total Posts: 193974
  • Total Topics: 21135
  • Online today: 40
  • Online ever: 3540
  • (September 02, 2022, 06:38:54 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 21
Total: 25

Author Topic: problem using CSS to write article (newbie)  (Read 6413 times)

Offline brynn

Re: problem using CSS to write article (newbie)
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 03:40:00 AM »
Oh yes, I like the idea of having all the articles of certain categories having a certain style.  And now that I understand class selector, I sort of understand that code.  But where is the definition of the classes?  For example, "tparticle" or "catbg" or "windowbg2"?  Is that whatever style I decide to use?

I'm still a little fuzzy about those layout options for categories (and frontpage).  But I will keep in mind that has something to do with how the articles look like.  Eventually I'll understand, sooner or later, lol.

Offline IchBin

• Friends
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 11:25:47 AM »
Those classes are likely in the themes index.css file. As long as the classes that you choose to use are available somewhere, either in the code itself or in a file you've added to your theme etc., it should find them.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:38:14 AM by IchBin™ »

Offline Maxx1

• Learning To Fly
    • SMF Theme & Portal Testing
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 07:14:16 AM »
OK like Brad suggested, If you are running the SMF 2.0 + the index.css is where you'd edit the styles, ( look and schemes ) The Front page, using TP should inherit the same themes setting, unless you selected another theme when you set up your Front page and if did set to another Theme for an article, you made go to TP > Submissions > select the edit and go to the bottom of the page that"s opens and elect the theme you want to utilize for this page!

Note: that you will then need to Tweak the index.css for that theme you selected for this page or article.

In order to edit the them u are using at present go the Admin > current theme > click on "Modify the stylesheets. (colors, fonts, etc.)" a set of windows will open the bottom window, you may edit the index.css code as needed!

This post id to benefit the general users..just in case LOL!

If you need help editing the TP styles, please let me know, but don't think they are related to this request!/?

regards,
Maxx

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

Offline sangham.net

• Our Community account (till 03/14 used by JohannB)
    • sangham.net
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 03:24:28 AM »
Dear Maxx1,

I am not sure if that general theme change is that what the OP is about but also great to know, but I can be wrong for sure. Just thought to mention that, as brynn or a newcomer like me could easy get confused and cause little disasters with some experiments.

Thanks how every for you hints.
Truly! So strive to be one of them. Or like to get a random Sutta?
If you like to get involved in helping developing an "Virtual monastery" to make the internet a little more accessible for Monks, Nuns and Ascetics, please feel heartily invited to join our bilingual community at sangham.net

Offline Maxx1

• Learning To Fly
    • SMF Theme & Portal Testing
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 07:13:19 AM »
Please always keep a back up copy of anything you are planning to experiment with, I and other are always saying this.
Brad has also created a video how to you can find on YouTube, shows how to edit and customized you SMF themes, and I'm certain if you search there and the web you will also find other as well.

Please keep in mind, that if you are new to the web, that most any information can be found with the search!

if nothing else works, please ask someone!

regards,
Maxx

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!