Login  |  Register
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

August 04, 2020, 04:43:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3786
  • Latest: Deaks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 190582
  • Total Topics: 20864
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 917
  • (January 21, 2020, 09:02:26 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 66
Total: 66

Author Topic: Error on TP reinstall  (Read 1754 times)

ozman69

Error on TP reinstall
« on: September 12, 2008, 02:52:13 PM »
I've had my forums for several years and things got kind of cluttered and things weren't working properly due to all the upgrades, mod changes, etc over the years.  It was recommended that I do the following to pretty much start from scratch but keep all my database information:

Code: [Select]
Log on and change your forum to the default smf theme.

Get a matching smf zip to your forum version and unzip it. 
FTP upload all the files EXCEPT Settings.php overwriting all the ones you have.

navigate to \Packages and delete installed.list
navigate to \Packages\backups\ and delete everything except htaccess and index.php

Thats the forum back to brand new but with all your data still there.....so off you go to package manager and install some mods

And extra themes with moded files would need replace/modded to suit

After doing this, everything works fine and all my information is still intact.  I've been able to reinstall all of my essential mods except Tiny Portal.  So, this is what I need help with.

I go to my admin section, packages and click apply mod on the latest tiny portal (same one I used before) and instead of getting the usual "These files are going to be edited screen" I'm getting the following error:

Database Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
File: /html/smf/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2880

That line has the following code:

LIMIT 1", __FILE__, __LINE__);

Anyone know what I need to do to successfully reinstall Tiny Portal to my forums?  I love using it and it's a huge part of my site.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oz

edit:  sorry, here's my versions in case they are needed  smf 1.1.6 and TinyPortal 1.052
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 03:54:55 PM by ozman69 »

Offline G6Cad

• Friends
    • FamiljeGodis
Re: Error on TP reinstall
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 03:00:03 PM »
You should have started with the TP mod first as it's the biggest.

Seems like your server didnt like the amount of data TP adds to the database.

Try and manually add the tp datatables. Extract the rp package and upload the files manually to your forum folder overwrite the files there, then point your browser to the file manual_tp_install.php and see if it get pass the db install.

If it does, all you have to do after that is to add the TP code manually according to this guide here.
Modification Instructions

ozman69

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 03:07:07 PM »
I did try to install TP first for the very reason you stated, LOL.  But when it didn't work, I wanted to see if any other mods gave me the same errors. 

Since TP was installed on my forum before (and on the database), could it be that it is trying to add things to the database that already exist?  And when I uploaded all the smf 1.1.6 files like I was told, I never deleted out all of the tp specific folders, so could that be an issue as well?

If this is the case, what should I delete from both my server and the database to make a clean install?

Oz

Offline G6Cad

• Friends
    • FamiljeGodis
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 03:21:54 PM »
Dont delete anything, just do the steps i wrote and you will have the forum up and running with tp  :up:

ozman69

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 03:24:08 PM »
Dont delete anything, just do the steps i wrote and you will have the forum up and running with tp  :up:

Ok, I'll give it a shot.  But since the datatables are already created, I'll be able to skip that part right?

Oz

edit:  Worked like a charm.  And yes, I did skip the datatables part in case anyone else happens to run into the same problem.  Thanks about a million times over G6.  Much appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 03:54:42 PM by ozman69 »