TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:05:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 319
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Need 'How to' to uninstall TP...

Started by vdubbia, November 04, 2006, 05:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubbia

I installed TP awhile back on my SMF forum and it was never right from the start... something to do with my FTP program, I think.  Parts were not uploaded properly and I basically had a few issues.  I got Hastingtech to help me out and get things running relatively smoothly, but I think there still is a glitch or two somewhere.  This is certainly not TP's fault, but rather the result of a botched install on my end.

So I am finally ambitious enough to undo what I did way back when, but I do not know where to start.  Is there an easy 'uninstall' available for TP so that I can start from scratch?  I guess I'm worried that due to the manual install I had to go through initially that an auto uninstall might not work properly.

I just want to get back to my SMF forum so I can update the template and then go back to TP.

Any suggestions are appreciated!!

Thanks,

John

IchBin

If you had to install TP manually then there's really no other way to uninstall it without replacing the files. So I would just upload a fresh set of SMF files and that will set your SMF install to fresh, without touching your database which is where all posts/users etc are stored.

vdubbia

Just so I'm clear, you're saying that uploading a fresh SMF install will wipe out my TP installation and get me back to square 1 so to speak, with all existing posts, etc. still intact?

Don't I have to remove the tables from my database that were created for TP?

JPDeni

QuoteDon't I have to remove the tables from my database that were created for TP?
Nope. You can, if you want, but you don't have to.

vdubbia

And again, just because I'm paranoid about ruining the existing community that I've built... do I just re-upload the original SMF files and run the installer again?  Or is just uploading the fresh files good enough?

Thanks for the replies!

John

PhilH

As Ichbin stated

QuoteSo I would just upload a fresh set of SMF files and that will set your SMF install to fresh, without touching your database which is where all posts/users etc are stored.

It would be wise to make a backup of your database first.

vdubbia