TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:52:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 123
  • Total: 123

[REQUEST] Better provider?

Started by Aicin, August 28, 2006, 03:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skal Tura

Quote from: crip on September 26, 2006, 01:50:48 PM
From 1and1 --- and ArticHost doesn't help?

Seems like you Both suck

Not catching what you mean, if you want to dislike ArticHost, say it a loud, so that everyone understands it. I welcome all critic you have, and will do my best to answer.

I atleast know, that i've done everything in my power to help you, and answered to all of your questions to my full knowledge, and thoroughly. I've tried to help.

You have transferred the domain out to 1AND1, and you assume i still have control over
your domain? That's not how the domain name system works. Look on the whois info for yourself at http://www.whois.sc for example, you'll see: not under my my control anymore.
Check: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whois

This perhaps might help you understand domain names better:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name

I'm trying to do my best to help, but it seems all you want to do is blame me, why is that?
Why do you need the urge to dislike "between the lines" so much?

I just wonder, what a guy who tries to help others has to do, to not to be hated. oO

G6Cad

QuoteI'm trying to do my best to help, but it seems all you want to do is blame me, why is that?
Why do you need the urge to dislike "between the lines" so much?

I will try to explain :)

There have been some very annoying issues with a lot of downtime from your hosting service ArticHost
Some very major, and many smaller ones since June, and frankly, i to would have thought of a host change as it doesent seem to be better with the downtime there is on ArticHost.

Then personaly to me, the response to mails, PMs or support may be the best there is, but if the server keep have downtimes for hours (even over 32 hours) with no way of get in contact with the host, that bring up a lot of anger in people that pay for good hosting, when they come and read about ffree hosting have more uptime then ther paid one.
I have to agree with Crip, it doesent matter if the support is the best in the world, when it's the UPtime you want to have, not a host that keep going down and your site is off line several time a week.

Im sorry that you have so much troubble with your server/s but i have to agree that a host with a lot of downtime like ArticHost for the last 4 month is to much to accept even for the most tolerant person.

Hope this was a better explanation ?   As a support member to TinyPortal it's not su fun to take on angry people that keep complain that we are off line so often as we have been the last 4 month, as the owner of the host, i think you to are pretty feed up with angry people asking why this and why that, but atleast you have the answers and we have not on why the server goes down so often as it does.

I really hope that you will find the things causing the downtimes, but please dont get angry for people that gets tired of bying a service that dont work, even if the support is great, it's like buying a car with out the wheels, well we have one, but we cant use it, but the shop is great on the service ;)

Skal Tura

These issues has been noted, and are partly cause of hardware, and action is being taken.

A new server will be taken online within 2 weeks, on completely another location (Netherlands), and the culprit server is
being looked upon, to see if it can be made stable again with increased usage. (During test period of the server, people didn't report errors)

What stuns me, is how rarely anyone bothers to report even a major problem :O
It's amazing, but almost no one brings their complaints to me, in fact, way under 10%.

There's been other actions too: one client got booted out, because he was abusing and causing grief to other customers (some of the downtime you speak of), and one website got terminated due to same reason. (At worst tens and tens of defunct PHP processes on the second one, first caused loads of 8 and up in peaks)

I'm here, to answer to all client questions, and to work on the problems. I just did some changes to Apache which made pages load a lot faster, next in the queue is making sure that Zend doesn't take up resources when a non zend encoded page is compiled.

I completely understand you G6. Why i didn't understand Crip is, because he wasn't direct about the REAL issues, he just kept talking on domain transfers etc.

The long downtime was caused by incompetence from our provider's direction, and a plan has been made to transfer out of them. Ironically, it's just about that 4 months that company has been used.

I'm happy that some of the clients come forward with their opinions, issues and pressures at least SOMEWHERE.

As for other contact details, i can be personally contacted:
MSN: skaltura@czmb.net
secondary e-mail: skaltura@gmail.com (for emergency situations)
IRC: #findori @ IRCnet (at times)
Phone: (+358)050-9303614

Some of our clients has these already.
Any problem there is, customers are also free to call me personally, any time of the day, and let's work on it together! :)

IchBin

Thanks for the MSN. I have added you for any future support issues.  >:D

And thanks for the update on your issues. I hope you've given it the final kick in the butt. Thanks for caring so much Skal.

Skal Tura

Ichbin: please come on online on MSN, for a small chit chat

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, on homer apache gets 12.3 requests/sec, taken from last 25minutes average.
and this weeks averages: 4.63 new connections / second, peaking at 13 new connections / second with 27 process on average and at best 151 processes.

So there's some traffic... Sorry, now longer period of average requests / sec available right now (my bad!) but will try to remember to post in a week or so it to here

G6Cad

Thank you Skai, for the same reasons IchBin said  :)

I know you working hard to be a good host, we have seen you come forward with very outlined support when you shifted server on TinyPortal, so we know you give good support, no question about that.

And we also know that things can happen from other directions that you personaly cant predict, the major irritation came when TP was gone for over 30 hours and no one knew what was going on, and i think Bloc tried to contact you several times during that time and didnt come through and got a reply, but again, some things can happen and some things you have no control over at the time.

But it's a good thing you come in here and talk to your clients, and very good that you explain whats the cause to the unstable server, and what going to be done to solve it.

As for Crip he have a bit of a temer that we know about, but he usually calm down and relax about the issues that got him going in the first place.  And if he have changed host and blame you for the tranfer errors to the new host is somewhat out in the bush. I just tested his url and it seems to be up and running there now, so he will be happy again in no time :)

Again, thank you for comeing in to us and explain whats going on and how the future will look like.
//Carina

IchBin

Sorry Skal, didn't see your message until now. I'm on MSN if you get a chance.

Crip

I have no host now...........  :'(

I messed up (again) Incbin
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

G6Cad

Actually Crip, if i were you, i would log in to MSN, and have a calm talk to skaitura, and im sure he will help you back on the server where you belong ;)
Be nice, and calm and use all the best warm words you know, and he will help you out

Skal Tura

Indeed:
root@homer [~]# host tnquad.us
tnquad.us has address 72.232.48.11

He got it fixed, that's good! :)

It seems i've got the server going now smoother & faster, more optimizations will be coming sooner or later.

G6: I'm glad you think also that i'm giving customers good support :) Thanks for the words to crip also... Nothing ruins my day worse than a client who is angry, thus refusing to think logically :(