TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:50:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 119
  • Total: 119

Hello :)

Started by bloc, July 02, 2017, 01:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Thank you :) Certainly a very rewarding hobby - and might be more too with time.

Not sure if you noticed, but the blog script used there is inspired by SMF, written from scratch. So combined interests on there I guess.

Arantor

I know that feeling, ahaha.

Really like your paintings, too. :)

IchBin

Sorry to resurrect this, but it looks like I'm 5 months late to this reunion. :)  And the paintings are gone now. :(

Oh well, good to see familiar names on here Bloc, Arantor, and even William. lol And the usual TP peeps!

Things are going well here. Still working the same job and loving it.  My free time is taken up now by working in the house and building in the basement rooms and things.

bloc

Great to hear from you, Brad :)

Well, the paintings are gone from my site because I am changing the site hehe(as usual).But they also exist on Facebook if you are interested: https://www.facebook.com/bjoernhkristiansen/media_set?set=a.1184874874975664.1073741841.100003594877811&type=3

runic

Bloc those are amazing paintings!!

IchBin

Sent a friend request on FB. Thanks for the link Bloc!

bloc

Its been a while :) but hello again.

Its strange how both this site and SMF site have remained unchanged , kind of like the houses are still there, when you visit years after. SMF is still at..SMF 2.0 it seems and TP seems to be going forward in small steps.

For me the interest in themes and coding have taken a back-seat to painting last year, but realising I still love both, I do follow recent trends in both coding and design. One exciting thing - which you may not have seen - is the support of CSS grid have now gotten to all major browsers. yay! well, except one..as always.

Anyway, you know the css and block design code put into TP? Well, now its *really* possible to chuck it all out in favor for pure CSS based grid code. Not just CSS/tables which I think you already converted to responsive CSS but also the HTML code. I just started to learn the new keywords and code and its quite interesting.

tino

Quote from: bloc on June 16, 2018, 09:15:20 AM
Its been a while :) but hello again.

Hey! Nice to see you around again.

Quote from: bloc on June 16, 2018, 09:15:20 AM
Anyway, you know the css and block design code put into TP? Well, now its *really* possible to chuck it all out in favor for pure CSS based grid code. Not just CSS/tables which I think you already converted to responsive CSS but also the HTML code. I just started to learn the new keywords and code and its quite interesting.

I actually posted something using this recently here; https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=36052.0

Well I wanted to work out what was the minimum version that TinyPortal should support as, as you said IE doesn't support it very well. My mock up was about 2mins with simple grids and flex, the reordering function when you go responsive is really useful.

bloc

Interesting. I only glanced at it for now, but the argument seems to be going in favor of modern browsers using CSS grid and older browers either 1) using a well-supported flexbox model or 2) not using anything, but will simply get a mobile-like appearance.

It seems to be that you simply design some containers, then put all the elements in it,for example regular divs - and then you style theses divs into columns and rows. So IE for example, would only see a straight-up design and thus be encouraged to try other browsers..but they would still actually see the content. I like this thought better, because adding a flexbox alternative/fallback means more to maintain overall.

tino

Quote from: bloc on June 16, 2018, 11:38:12 AM
It seems to be that you simply design some containers, then put all the elements in it,for example regular divs - and then you style theses divs into columns and rows.

That's pretty much it.

I'm all in favour of dropping support for IE, but then I've never used it and have never liked it. Edge supports it though, so hopefully in the near future that will be solved. IE 11 actually does support it with some custom commands although it isn't the current working spec so you don't get things like repeat etc.

Either way it's definitely the future.