TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:14:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 319
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 234
  • Total: 235
  • tino

Can and cannot install TP with package manager

Started by chriscorreia, March 18, 2007, 03:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chriscorreia

I run the following forum with SMF 1.1.2  www.duluthsolutions.com/forum/index.php

Before trying to install TP for that forum, I installed an SMF at another site I have, and then installed TP via package manager. Went fine.

I then tried a TP install at my main site (duluthsolutions) and after hitting the Apply Mod link I got a blank/white screen after several (10?) seconds. I can hit the browser back button and get back to the previous page, and hit Apply Mod again, but the same things happens. FYI, I am using the TP file that is linked to in the topic that specifies it is for SMF 1.1.2

Some background on what I have done previously:

I had tried the automatic web install/update for SMF going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and that did not work, and then my forum wouldn't work. I then did a new install of 1.1.2 into my existing database, and then had progressively increasing more problem with blank/white screens, so I then restored the database off my backup. Aside from the occasional blank screen, things seem to be OK.

I then tried a TP install via package manager which did not go through (same white screen, I recall) but I thought perhaps I had the wrong TP file. I then tried the manual install, but that did not work (I think I did it correctly/followed directions, but perhaps did not).

I imagine I should try a manual install, but I am afraid to since the database restoring is a new/foreign thing to me and I'm afraid to screw things up. BTW, my existing database does have some tables labeled as smf_tp_, even though TP is not installed. I'm not sure if that matters at all.

Opinions/guidance please? Thanks in advance. I really do appreciate it.

Porky

It can take more than 10sec sometimes.... and if you have some tables installed for tp you might want to wait a little longer to see if it finishes because it does have to upload some files and rewrite some other files. Due that and see what happens

chriscorreia

When I get the blank screen, the bottom bar in my browser (Firefox) says Done and the spinning circle icon has stopped spinning. Nothing seems to be happening.

Porky

chriscorreia

Porky

chriscorreia

It seems it's just not unzipping the file. The TP zip file shows in the Packages directory, still as a zip file.

It's just curious that it worked OK with the test forum I put up on my other site (same host and same kind of shared server account @ Godaddy).

Porky

Due you have mods insatlled? and have you tried the manual install as well?

chriscorreia

No mods installed.

Last time I tried a manual install, it didn't work, but I could have done something wrong. What package(s)/files do I use for a manual install to smf 1.1.2? I'm not clear (due to my lack of experience/understanding) from reading the forum topics that reference the links to different files.