TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 107
  • Total: 107

Installing 1RC2+TP

Started by eric, February 12, 2006, 03:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric

Hi again all....

Do I need to remove my current themes and TP before installing 1RC2 and TP

I currently have SMF 1.0.5 and Tinyportal 0.6.5

Thanks

Eric

IchBin

You don't need to remove TP. You can remove the themes though. Then you can install the update to RC2. Then install TP. Then install some TP themes for RC2.

eric

Man you guys are quick here!!

Again many thanks!!

Eric

eric

IchBin:

When you get a few minutes when you log on....will you look at my forums again. Something that was suppose to be simple was not again. I went to install RC2 and it would not copy the files over the other files by ftp. We finally got it after doing each one by itself. However something happened to the Tinyportal 0.6.5 and I thought we got it removed and 0.8.5 will not install(well all the files are there) but not showing up on the forums

I have this error at the bottom of the page now:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_version() in /home/michigan/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1040) : eval()'d code on line 391

If you would like to call me or I can call you that would be great and I can see where I messed up and try to understand it better.

Eric

Got it!

Dazed

I am having an issue when I set permissions. When I set the permissions for some users the left blocks disappear. They show before the user logs in but then cannot get them back. I sign in as an admin and they are fine. Any ideas?

Nokonium

Block Membergroup permissions are set within the blocks themselves, via Manage Blocks

[attachment deleted by admin]

gerrymo

Check the block premissions in TP admin.

eric

Anyone know why I am still recieving this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_version() in /home/michigan/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1040) : eval()'d code on line 391

I have 1RC2 installed, and according the forums no packages are installed. TP will not show up as a paokage(installed) but if I go to my CPANEL and look there it is listed

Eric

Took care of it!

crip

Is TP installed that you can see Bocks?

eric

ok, TP finally installed as a package. However once I press install mod, I get 4 failures:

./sources/load.php
./themes/default.index.template.php
./sources/subs.php
./sources/security.php

I did go and check the permissions on each and they are all set to 777 and all boxes are checked(this is within the file manager of CPANEL)

Eric

got it all taken care of!

Dazed

Thanks all! After all the times tweaking those blocks, I never noticed\paid attention to that section. Works perfect.