TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:56:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 300
  • Total: 301
  • @rjen

Do you use Flickr ?

Started by lurkalot, November 01, 2018, 08:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Not sure if this was a wise move from Flickr, I'm sure it's going to upset many of its users. 

They have announced that free accounts will now be limited to 1000 photos, so I'm guessing if you have more photos than that you'll soon be forced to either pay the $50 per year, or remove images.

Ken.

Quote from: lurkalot on November 01, 2018, 08:17:04 PM
Not sure if this was a wise move from Flickr, I'm sure it's going to upset many of its users. 

They have announced that free accounts will now be limited to 1000 photos, so I'm guessing if you have more photos than that you'll soon be forced to either pay the $50 per year, or remove images.

They should 'grandfather' in existing users who have more than 1000 images.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

lurkalot

Not sure how this is going to be handled yet, I'll have to read up.  A lot of people complaining already.

wildenborch

1000 photos is not that much but 1000 good photos or even excellent photos is quite challenging.

Ken.

Quote from: wildenborch on November 01, 2018, 10:07:04 PM
1000 photos is not that much but 1000 good photos or even excellent photos is quite challenging.
Good point.  O0

When taking photo's I usually take 10-20 shots hoping for that one good pix out of all of those tries.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

lurkalot

Tis a good point.  I've been out taken a hundred shots and maybe had a couple of keepers from that session.  I have learnt to be ruthless when it comes to getting rid of photos, I mean if I'm not going to use it, or look at it again what's the point of it using hard drive space, delete them.

With a modern camera you can soon fill a hard drive.

lurkalot

To be honest, I think it's a bit extreme now they are doubling the price of a  pro account which atm is $24.99 and going up to $49.99

tino

Quote from: lurkalot on November 03, 2018, 02:29:20 PM
To be honest, I think it's a bit extreme now they are doubling the price of a  pro account which atm is $24.99 and going up to $49.99

Depends on how much it costs them, remember as we now can take higher resolution images easier than ever before from our phones, that's not including DSLR's and the like.

There is also more of a push in policing what is posted and people complaining about it. Along with numerous other things, its getting more expensive all the time with new laws and in general how aware everyone is becoming about the internet and what information everyone has on you.

It wouldn't surpise me if this additional cost is part of the reason they are changing their policies, along with trying to create more revenue.