TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:05:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 145
  • Total: 146
  • @rjen

Question about blocks

Started by Bloodlvst, October 30, 2007, 01:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodlvst

I know there are "dynamic" viewing options. Is there any way to make a block show only when you're viewing articles in a certain category? I know there's a "category listing" option, but I don't think that does what I'm looking for.

Anyone know any way to do this, either by modding TP / SMF directly or some hidden option I'm unaware of?

Thanks!

thelastzodiac

Well like you said there is "Category Listing", and as long as you have made categorys to put your Articles in and select them there then it should work!!   :D

There is no need to mod TP or SMF for this as it has this feature allready!! Unless I didnt fully understand the question!!

But I hope this was helpfull!!   :)

IchBin

Thats what the category listing option is for. To only show a block when viewing an article when in a certain category.

Bloodlvst

Quote from: IchBinâ,,¢ on October 30, 2007, 03:12:33 PM
Thats what the category listing option is for. To only show a block when viewing an article when in a certain category.

Ah okay thanks. The language is just a bit confusing! I figured when you're only in an actual listing of a category. Perhaps removing "Listing" from that item will be less confusing. :D

EDIT - That info is incorrect. :( The block only shows if I view the category itself.

For example, I view the category listing "Portal Features" and the block shows, but if I view an individual article in the category then the block will not show. :(

Any ideas folks? I know this would help a lot of people to have a fully featured site :D

Bloodlvst

IchBin

For now the option doesn't exist. You'll need to wait until TP 1.0 comes out. If not, you'll have to do a php block to customize the display options.

Bloodlvst

Any advice on where I should look in the TP files to edit the code to maybe create a mod?

IchBin

I would start in the TPortalAdmin. and template file.