TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:19:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

windows forum

Started by Ray, January 10, 2006, 05:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moocat

haha. the things came with the mobo. i do intend on using them eventually, so i don't really want to go thru the hassle of removing them (they are hard as hell to get in with my ginormous sound card in the way. thanks for the help and i'll let you know what happens. if the driver isn't on the mobo cd, i'll try removing them.

Moocat

well one of the problems was the onboard audio thing, i installed the drivers from the cd. now... when i click the usb 2.0 drivers, it says my version of windows (xp pro sp1 or above) has the software already. there were no sort of drivers for the firewire. i will try progressively unplugging each device to determine the culprit.

Ray

Make sure you have installed sp2 -- it has a lot of drivers built in

Moocat

yes, i have got sp2. unfortunately, still no drivers :(

Moocat

if anyone read my recent two posts, and are wondering where they went, i deleted them because i solved the problem. apparently sapphire did not provide the wdm driver on the CD! very odd, and also rude. bastards. i got it fixed now!

still having wierdness with my graphics card not giving a display in the primary pci-e slot, and also seeing two processors in the device mgr. lol :)

my computer is now stable though, which makes me happy ;D

crip

I think I'll go Mac, I've had every other kind of OS so may as well Apple a shot.

Moocat

ew don't do that.

i thought my pc was stable but it is not. :( i got another bluescreen after 30 minutes of cs source. the unknown devices are gone, but some driver is causing this problem over and over.

IchBin

I had a similar problem when I put in a 6800GT and didn't have enough power in my power supply. RAM can also be the culprit. You may want to try and run MEMtest86. You can download that program and burn it to a disk. Then just boot your computer from the disk and it will automatically run a memory test.

Ray

Quote from: Moocat on January 11, 2006, 10:31:14 AM
ew don't do that.

i thought my pc was stable but it is not. :( i got another bluescreen after 30 minutes of cs source. the unknown devices are gone, but some driver is causing this problem over and over.

Is their any info in the Event Viewer??

Moocat

if i leave the comp on for a while, it reports a STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error from that bluescreen. the event viewer gives this:

system error
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 00000007, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f72bc817.

there was no entry in the event viewer for the time of the crash, however.

on reboot from the crash, i've gotten these

Service Control manager
The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

System error
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 00000007, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f72bc817.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

i should have plenty of wattage, my psu is 550W. i'll run memtest.