TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:41:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 103
  • Total: 103

Pages

Started by jernatety, May 20, 2018, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jernatety

I just want to make pages and put links to the pages but it seems when I write an HTML page the HTML doesn't work. After the page is approved only I can see it and the HTML isn't formatted, it's still all HTML.

tino

Your test article I edited the main content to show the links.

The link to it is http://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php?page=test

Your other one is http://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php?page=hockey-rinks

tino

If you're entering html as you are then you want to do that in source mode not the wysiwyg mode thats the icon which looks like a letter, not the in the last group of icons but the one just before that.

You seem to have got the hang of it in the intro section. I normally leave that blank and just use the main content. The intro is just if you want to show a shortened version on the main page before clicking on the article.

jernatety

Quote from: tino on May 20, 2018, 10:02:42 PM
If you're entering html as you are then you want to do that in source mode not the wysiwyg mode thats the icon which looks like a letter, not the in the last group of icons but the one just before that.

You seem to have got the hang of it in the intro section. I normally leave that blank and just use the main content. The intro is just if you want to show a shortened version on the main page before clicking on the article.

Ok, makes sense. Thank you. Do you have to give permissions to allow guests to view? If so, where are those perms updated?

tino

Should be enabled by default. You can set it on a per article basis in the article itself, on a per category basis in the category section or finally globally in the standard permissions section of SMF.

I can see the second link I posted as a guest, the test one I can't.

jernatety

Quote from: tino on May 21, 2018, 06:42:16 AM
Should be enabled by default. You can set it on a per article basis in the article itself, on a per category basis in the category section or finally globally in the standard permissions section of SMF.

I can see the second link I posted as a guest, the test one I can't.

I think I'm going to pass on using articles. Seems like it is extremely difficult just to make and manage a page. I added all of these rinks: http://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php?page=2

Then I went back and put them in alphabetical order moving them around so they're categorized correctly under the bolded letter of the alphabet I added. Once satisfied with the end result I clicked save. Everything I just formatted went back to the exact same way it was before I changed everything around. I thought I was seeing things, so I re-formatted everything in alphabetical order again. Everything looked good, I clicked save and it all went back to exactly what you see in the link above. So basically what that means for me is, I have to do everything once and if I forget something I can't edit to add anything later because every time the edit is saved it reverts back to the way it was prior. Why is it configured to do that?

tino

It's not.

Something is not going/working correctly.

I'll log on later today to your site if
that's ok and try to replicate the issue?

You're editing the top text box I assume?

jernatety

Quote from: tino on May 21, 2018, 02:06:12 PM
It's not.

Something is not going/working correctly.

I'll log on later today to your site if
that's ok and try to replicate the issue?

You're editing the top text box I assume?

Ok, yes the top editor. I took everything out of the intro editor. I don't need that.

tino

Ok, the only thing I can think of it malformed html of some sort. When I went on and edited the test article on your site it went ok.

Would expect it to save though. Any errors in the developer console? You get to that by right click inspect then it's on the toolbar at the bottom.

jernatety

Quote from: tino on May 21, 2018, 03:44:55 PM
Ok, the only thing I can think of it malformed html of some sort. When I went on and edited the test article on your site it went ok.

Would expect it to save though. Any errors in the developer console? You get to that by right click inspect then it's on the toolbar at the bottom.

I didn't use the code editor. When I clicked on that, one link turned into about 10 lines of html with font size, font type, color.....everything. That simple link below turned into a huge chunk of code. So instead of using the code editor. I typed out the rink name, then highlighted it and selected "insert a link" from the toolbar in the editor. I saved it and it automatically converted to a hyperlink. Thats what I did for all of the rinks. After I saved it, anything I did after, (editing) reverted back to exactly what I did the first time.

<a href="my link here">hockey rink name here</a>

This is what one link looks like in the code editor

</p>
<p style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; color: rgb(17, 17, 17); line-height: 1.25; overflow: visible; min-height: 1.25em; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;">
<span style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; float: none; display: inline !important;"><a href="http://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php/topic,77.0.html">Twin Ponds East, (Harrisburg, PA)</a></span><span>&nbsp;</span><br />
</p>