TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:12:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 178
  • Total: 178

During upload corrupted /Themes/default/index.template.php

Started by Lottozentrale, February 15, 2010, 12:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lottozentrale

My fault!
I always put a copy of a file I intend to edit on my HD, edit it there, safe the original for backup and upload again from there.

ONCE I deviate from that procedure, I promptly have the problem that Totalcommander crashed during uploading of the altered /Themes/default/index.template.php
and now I need that file again! :-|

Anyone help me out on this one?

Ken.

Hi Lottozentrale, welcome to TinyPortal.
It's always easier for us to help if you follow the posting guidelines.
Please read the Posting Guidelines

Actually, with the default theme you should be able to find a copy of that file in your desktop copy of your SMF install. (download a fresh copy if you don't have one already)

EDIT: BTW... one tip that always works well for me is to rename the existing file instead of overwriting it, that way you can always reclaim it if need be.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Lottozentrale

*ähm* Thanks

Also for pointing out the "posting guidelines" - but quite frankly, when turning for a forum like this one for help - the issue is finding advice and not how to best integrate into a community. (With 18hr+ workdays 7/week a just dont have the time for that)

Instead it would be incredibly kind if you could point me to a location where I can download that copy (basically I only need that one file as stated above)

Thank you so much!

LZ

Ken.

Lottozentrale, as it happens most everyone on the support staff here on TinyPortal works a 'regular' real life job as well, so we can certainly understand the time constraints of working and trying to fit in the time keeping our forums running smoothly plus giving support here on TP.  :)

As for the posting guidelines... you are correct that part of the intent is to help a new member fit into the community, that's not the main intent. Rather it's to give the support staff some basic info to work with because there are several versions of SMF and of TP as well.

And as for the SMF file, those must always be downloaded from the SMF download pages, we don't supply any of those files here.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Lottozentrale

::)

OK; So rather than sending me one small file (or giving me a location where I can download it - I should download the entire package?

But you are aware that in some countries and some locations there are still such things like metered interned connections with slow speed and significant monthly download limits?

Tell you what:
I still have to say "Thank You" - you just made my decission easy to kick out SMF all together and switch back to the good old phpBB (where I never got any answers like yours.)

This being said!  :coolsmiley:

Ken.

You are welcome to use any software you wish of course.

We do help as much as we can here, but some things are not permitted... like giving out files from some other software. Here we do TinyPortal software, for SMF files you must go to SMF.

ZarPrime

LZ,

First of all, you should already have the SMF package that you installed on your hard drive and that package, once extracted, will contain the file you are looking for.

Secondly, this quesetion had absolutely nothing to do with TinyPortal.  If you want an SMF file, go over to SMF and ask them to give it to you.  They will tell you to do the same thing, that is to grab the file from the package that you downloaded.

Thirdly, I can appreciate that you work 18 hour days and you have no time for anything else.  I only work about 17 and a half and it's tough on me. :buck2:

Fourth, we don't get paid enough here to have to put up with attitude like yours.  In fact, we don't get paid anything here and still, occasionally, have to put up with crap like this.  Go over to phpBB and treat them like you have treated Ken and see how long you last there.