TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:40:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 101
  • Total: 101

upgrading v 1.2 to 1.5.1

Started by jernatety, August 11, 2018, 06:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tino

Quote from: jernatety on August 12, 2018, 02:00:26 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on August 11, 2018, 05:32:57 PM
Glad it worked out for you, if all is well I'll mark this solved.

Spoke too soon. Here's what happens.

I click on the FB share icon at the bottom of my article. It configures the post perfectly showing the correct title and description as designed. When it posts to FB the title changes from "Hockey Rink Guide" to "Maintenance Mode".

LOL, what's up with that!

Maintenance Mode is coming from SMF somehow, I would guess that the Facebook callback is getting returned with Maintenance Mode by SMF for some reason.

tino

I also split the topic as the original question has been answered for the initial poster and this is a different query ( although similar )

jernatety

Quote from: tino on August 12, 2018, 02:20:36 PM
Quote from: jernatety on August 12, 2018, 02:00:26 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on August 11, 2018, 05:32:57 PM
Glad it worked out for you, if all is well I'll mark this solved.

Spoke too soon. Here's what happens.

I click on the FB share icon at the bottom of my article. It configures the post perfectly showing the correct title and description as designed. When it posts to FB the title changes from "Hockey Rink Guide" to "Maintenance Mode".

LOL, what's up with that!

Maintenance Mode is coming from SMF somehow, I would guess that the Facebook callback is getting returned with Maintenance Mode by SMF for some reason.

So strange. I guess it's progress? Before the upgrade when I clicked on the FB icon at the bottom of my article the page title didn't show up at all. It was the site name, as if I was posting the index page. Now when I click it, it does show the page name but when I post it it changes from the page name to maintenance mode as the title.

Further, if I copy the URL from my article and manually post on FB it's parsed like originally posted before I upgraded to 1.5.1, like it's the site index page, the title isn't recognized at all and is posted as my site name.