TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:07:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 294
  • Total: 295
  • lurkalot

Single Article in Block does not show on Frontpanel, Title is showin

Started by Wichtlmex, May 29, 2019, 09:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

An upgrade for Tinyportal is very simple:

1. Upload the new package
2. Uninstall the old one (do NOT delete existing data)
3. Install the new one

An everything is fine...

Updating from RC1 to RC2... not so simple!
You will have copy the whole new source to your forum directories and run upgrade.php

Then you will have to reinstall TinyPortal (your TinyPortal content wil be fine though)
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

Just a heads up: I have trying to reproduce the issue and solution in my testsite, and I am not sure that my 'workaround' will consistently work (it does not for me)...

Wichtlmex

>Updating from RC1 to RC2... not so simple!

I prefer waiting for the final update and stick to RC1 meanwhile.

I just updated to TP 1.6.3 -> Really very easy to do!

regards
Michael

SMF 2.1 RC1, TP 1.6.3

Wichtlmex

Quote from: @rjen on May 31, 2019, 08:45:19 AM
Just a heads up: I have trying to reproduce the issue and solution in my testsite, and I am not sure that my 'workaround' will consistently work (it does not for me)...

It does not for me either :-(
I tidied up some leftovers from you (showing the article on top panel also) and can confirm: The workaround does not work for me anymore! Same problem as experienced before !
SMF 2.1 RC1, TP 1.6.3

@rjen

Quite frankly I do not see why you want to use blocks to show articles on the frontpage. The sorting can be addressed easily with the position numbers.

If you really insist on putting every article in a block You can consider using the Upper or lower panelinstead of the frontpanel. That will work. You just need to flag the blocks in the settings to show only on the frontpage.

Wichtlmex

Exactly thay is what I am doing right now. The Article Sorting on the Frontpage is not really helpful e.g. if different with less knowledge are working on the WEB page. Sorting really is not useful if you want to arrange the articles however you like to.
Now I am building individual article blocks  on the upper panel. Works good enough for me.
SMF 2.1 RC1, TP 1.6.3