TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:48:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,165
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 142
  • Total: 142

Spacing lines and posts--again

Started by darkangel, July 10, 2018, 11:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkangel

OK, I write the sentence (or members) and hit enter key once to get the next line....that is normal.
Then I hit enter twice to get a new paragraph, that is where it no longer works as shown in the image below.

3 times hitting enter key will give the new paragraph. I have written about this before and was told it was normal, however, I had to reupload the fresh files of SMF 2.0.15 and installed TP 1.2 into another forum that was working but PM's went comatose including the attachments.

I am now getting the same issue with this forum and the members are also stating the exact same thing and I never voiced the problem over there.

Any ideas what to do,
http:pfdlives.com/pfd/

Modification Packages
1.     Stop Spammer     2.3.9 UD 06-14-2015
2.     BK Modding Disable Decrease Post Count Option     3.0
3.     SMF Staff Page     1.7
4.     Join Reason     1.5
5.     PM Attachments     2.10
6.     Separate the sticky topics     1.0.1
7.     TinyPortal     1.2
8.     Simple Audio Video Embedder     4.5
9.     httpBL     2.5.1
10.     Change All Subjects     1.3
11.     Sorted Package Manager Listing     1.2

Modification Packages — Not Upgradeable Help
    Mod Name     Version     
1.     PM Attachments     1.6     [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Modification Packages — Installed - Not Uninstallable (no uninstall section for this version of SMF)
    Mod Name     Version     
1.     Enhanced Dropdown     1.3     [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Fantasies Realm  | Fantasy Attic

SMF 2.0.15 | TP 1.2 | many mod addons | variety of themes

@rjen

What makes you think it is a TP related issue?
In this forum it works fine,

Also in my own forum it works fine (by the way I pressed Enter twice before this line)

And three times here...

I am using TP151 an have no problems...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

What browser and version are you using? I can't replicate the issue on here in the latest version of firefox, chrome or safari.

darkangel

Quote from: tino on July 11, 2018, 06:33:22 PM
What browser and version are you using? I can't replicate the issue on here in the latest version of firefox, chrome or safari.
I have smf 2.0.15TP 1.2
I am using Firefox latest version, the site that I listed is various browsers both PC and Mac, I noticed this happening since the very beginning in upgrading to 2.0.15.
I do not know if it is a TP being naughty thing or SMF thing, but at times getting answers at SMF is worse than pulling teeth. so thought to ask here if there is anyone experiencing it.This line is just with hitting enter key once, which should give me the one space between the lines.

after 3 hits this line as you can see up above, there are no spaces between the lines of text when there should be, I get a text block of everything running together.

tino

Thing is, when I hit enter three times I get this.

Which is what I'd expect. What language is your keyboard in? I'm grasping at straws here...

darkangel

English is keyboard and trust me I am near bald from yanking out hair ad thinking I was the only one, until this forum started telling me the same thing I am going thru.

tino

Can you use the code tags and try three returns and post the result? Add some test before and after inside the code tag so I can see it

darkangel

Quote from: tino on July 11, 2018, 10:19:02 PM
Can you use the code tags and try three returns and post the result? Add some test before and after inside the code tag so I can see it
this line is 2 returns after the quote and now no idea what to put in hereagain one return after the code area, hope tis what you need

illori

put the return/enters within the code tags not outside.

like this example

test

test

test

darkangel

aha, see this heat is making what little brain I had totally gone, hope this is right
testtest2test3test4

darkangel

that was done with 1 return after each test

illori

do you have any addon's in your browser? if so can you try the same thing in a private tab/session which should disable the addons.

darkangel

Yes I have several addons for FF, they have been within FF for many years and are updated when they issue updates.
I will try a private window, soon as I remember how...LOL

darkangel

OK I figured out the private window thingy....such technical talk there. :2funny: This is with just one return after the smiley.
2 returns with this blurb

edited: still not right and still a run on text block

tino

If you try chrome does it do the same thing? Or any browser with minimal add ons really.

darkangel

ok this is with chrome
1 return of the enter key

2 returns then another 1
for the new line which seems to make the space bigger than a paragraph space

darkangel

now with safari with 1 return
hopefully, then 2 returns for new para

new para I hope will give us a line and not a running statement
mobbed

tino

Quote from: darkangel on July 12, 2018, 09:14:33 AM
now with safari with 1 return
hopefully, then 2 returns for new para

new para I hope will give us a line and not a running statement
mobbed

I'm using Firefox 61.0.1 (64-bit) with no addon's and it works fine. It also seems to work ok in your other browsers so what version of FireFox are you using with what addon's?

darkangel

I am working on FF 16.0.1 I transpose numbers and at times the spoken word --- 61.0.1
the extensions are: AdBlockPlus, PointMP3, WebDeveloperThe plugins are: OpenH264Video Codec (on), Widevine Content Encryption Module by Google (off), Shockwave Flash (on)

tino

Quote from: darkangel on July 12, 2018, 10:45:31 PM
I am working on FF 16.0.1 I transpose numbers and at times the spoken word --- 61.0.1
the extensions are: AdBlockPlus, PointMP3, WebDeveloperThe plugins are: OpenH264Video Codec (on), Widevine Content Encryption Module by Google (off), Shockwave Flash (on)

I've tried AdBlockPlus and 'Web Developer' assume you meant the one with a space in it. Neither cause the issue for me.

Try disabling them all and see if you still get the error. I couldn't work out what Shockwave Flash plugin you meant either. It's your browser causing the issue with the SMF wysywig.

darkangel

I will try to do this soon, right now I am tending to a dog that I thought was dying on me but it might just be an infection raging in his 13 year old body.
It comes with Adobe Flash Player the plugin does. All things that have been operational on my computer and FF ( don't use the others nor IE unless absolutely necessary) and this is the first time it has done this. I might also try uninstalling tp, try posting  with the nekkid forum and if still not behaving will try a newer version of TP. Thanks