TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:15:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,158
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 91
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 88
  • Total: 89
  • @rjen

Of course, same error...

Started by yakker1, February 21, 2008, 09:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakker1

"Extreme Newbie" here, please bear with me and maybe answer a couple quick questions if ya don't mind.

I get the same error as many when installing TP...

10.  Execute Modification  ./Themes/default/index.template.php  Test failed

Now I have visited the Mod Instructions section and I'm not sure what to do.  I open the index.template.php file in Notepad and tried to make the revisions but got lost part way down...  can someone send me the revised file?  I've done a search on this error and realize most people's posts get a reply to use the search feature to solve the prob.  I'm just too much of a newb to figure it all out I guess. 

The only other package I have installed with my SMF is SMF Gallery Lite 1.8.1.2 

Can anyone help?  Do I go ahead with the install even though there is an error?  Somehow edit the file afterwards?

Feel free to PM me...

Thanks
Yakker1

yakker1

I uninstalled the SMF Gallery Lite, works now... anyone know if I'll bugger anything up should I install the Gallery at a later time?

yakker1

tick

Try installing the gallery.   Sometimes the order you install things does make a difference.  Just if you ever uninstall do it in the reveerse order that you installed.

yakker1

Thanks Tick!  I'll try that later... figuring out how to best implement TP on my site right now... so far I find it pretty kick ass!

yakker1