TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:45:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 206
  • Total: 207
  • illori

Menu manager.

Started by lurkalot, June 08, 2018, 10:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

I was just adding a TP GitHub link to the left of the page here, and noticed the text of the link is overlapping the settings.  Thought it was AlphaCentauri theme, but I switched to the default Curve theme and it's the same on that one too.  Not sure if it's just here, or if there's a problem with the layout.  Wil have to check my test sites.

lurkalot

Haven't got a old version of TP running atm,'ve a feeling this has been like it from day one, can't remember seeing this before that's all.

Not sure it's an easy fix due to the layout as it is, or even if it's worth worrying about.

tino

I'll look in to it, can you move it into the bugs board so I don't forget?

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on June 09, 2018, 08:11:22 AM
I'll look in to it, can you move it into the bugs board so I don't forget?

Thanks. And moved.  ;)

illori

what about removing the item column and leaving the other columns? you have the name which fits better, i dont think unless you wordwrap the URL it will ever fit will in that format.

tino

You can add a overflow hidden to that div to make it not overflow into the other tables, means you won't be able to see what it actually say's mind.

I think some of the other sections can be reduced in width to give it more room, and could add a on hover event to show the full link when it's hidden.

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on June 09, 2018, 01:24:04 PM

I think some of the other sections can be reduced in width to give it more room, and could add a on hover event to show the full link when it's hidden.

I like that idea.  ;)

@rjen

Quote from: tino on June 09, 2018, 01:24:04 PM
You can add a overflow hidden to that div to make it not overflow into the other tables, means you won't be able to see what it actually say's mind.

I fixed this in my updates. There is now an 'overflow hidden' on it.
Seems fine to me: if you want to see the full link, go to the 'edit' item screen....
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

Just added a hover display to the links in the menu items. Is also in PR#80
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Did the menu manager function to add / remove tabs to the main site navigation get removed again somehow? I can no longer see it, and this was something I really wanted.