TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:41:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 186
  • Total: 187
  • illori

Promote to Front Page

Started by jernatety, December 17, 2018, 02:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jernatety

Is this supposed to promote the topic to the front page? If so, it doesn't do it for me. I have two topics which get updated every week, (SHSHL Top Scorers, and SHSHL League Standings). Both of which after I update I'd like to have back on top on the front page. Neither go to the front page when I promote. Both are topics which are in the Forum SHSHL which is declared in "Display forum-posts on frontpage from:" Front Page settings.

Thank you for any help.

@rjen

The promoted posts will only be shown on the frontpage if one of these Frontpage layouts is chosen:
Selected topics only
Selected topics + articles

Layout: Display forum-posts on frontpage shows forum-posts based on creation date. Promoting does not affect that...

I agree this is not very intuitive, especially since the 'Promote to frontpage' button is showing even when the chosen frontpage layout will not show the topics.

I think we should only show the button if the button can actually be used. I can fix this in the next bugfix release...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

jernatety

Thank you for the reply, is there any way to be able to promote existing topics after I modify these two topics every week during the hockey season? Each one will be edited each week after the games have been played and the standings change, same with the top scorers.

@rjen

Hmm, thats more of a recent replies thing. The Frontpage shows topics not the replies, that's why it sorts by topic order not reply order. Would a sort by last reply be better?

jernatety

That I guess would be a problem or trickier, there are no replies. I'm editing the existing OP to update with the most current statistics.

@rjen

If that is what you want you can also consider making these topics articles. That way you can control how they are showing.

If you put those articles in blocks you can also put that block on top of the board you want them to show in...