TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:00:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 160
  • Total: 160

RSS Customization

Started by anunlike, October 12, 2005, 05:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anunlike

Hi.

I've created some RSS feeds using TP. But, other than being able to customize the name, the url, the minutes to be the content cached, how it looks and who can see it, there's isn't much else I can customize.

I'm new to this, so I was wondering how I would go about customizing these. For example, a couple of them show pictures along with the content, but I'd prefer they didn't. One of them is poorly formated and isn't really all that easy on the eyes. I'd love to be able to customize these more, while still using TP to display them all.

I was wondering also, if you, Bloc, would consider giving the admin the ability to customize RSS feeds more in future versions of TP, if that's possible.

Thanks much.

bloc

It will be more options..i already have modified the "news" section to cater for new from thsi site. Exactly how I am not sure of yet though.

bzmorrow

I am also looking for something more customizable RSS feeds. I know there is a mod in Joomla that lets you choose how many feeds, and it takes on the feel of the theme and not the feed. I have no clue what I am talking about but could you disect that mod?

bloc

I can take a look, do you have a link to it?

winrules

Yeah, it would be really usefull to even just control the number of items in a feed (i'd like to put a reuters news feed as a center block but i dont want to have 5 million entries and have to scroll down all the way to get to the forum).

anunlike

I'd also like to be able to format the feed. I mean like choose whether I could have the title of the article or the title and the first sentance shown or the title and a couple of sentances or whatever. That'd be very nice to be able to do.

Nokonium

I have this working in a php article

global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

echo '<div style="padding: 5px;" class="smalltext">';
        RSSCW();
         echo '</div>';

What I'm not sure how to tackle is the bullet graphic that some feeds use.

G6Cad

The tool below will help you format a feed's display with the information you want to use on your web site. All you need to enter is the URL for the RSS source, and select the desired options.

http://jade.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/feed/index.php?s=build

I got a news feed on my site that works fine after i have "altered" the rss some with this tool.

Hope this helps some.
/Carina

elpvn

Great !
And here's resource of RSS news feeds (sorts by subject)

http://www.geeklog.net/staticpages/index.php?page=20030206105151374ÂÃ,  :)

redeye