TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:23:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 81

Adverts in Panel

Started by Skb, July 04, 2018, 04:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skb

I signed up with Google Adsense, installed the Ad Management mod and chose the "right below the menu" display option in the mod.
Yet I find adverts being pushed between blocks  into my TP right panel.
Can I get any help here or do I post in the mod's thread over at SMF ?

The least I would want is to push the adverts pushed at the bottom, below my right panel.

SMF 2.1 RC4 (default theme) / TP 2.1.0

lurkalot

Quote from: Skb on July 04, 2018, 04:18:10 AM
I signed up with Google Adsense, installed the Ad Management mod and chose the "right below the menu" display option in the mod.
Yet I find adverts being pushed between blocks  into my TP right panel.
Can I get any help here or do I post in the mod's thread over at SMF ?

The least I would want is to push the adverts pushed at the bottom, below my right panel.

Never having used the Ad Management mod I can only guess there's some sort of conflict between the two mods, but I'm curious as to why you need the Ad Management mod when you have a portal installed.  Can't the portal put them where you want?  I run Adsense, but never used a separate mod to display them, always just done it in TP.

lurkalot

Ooh, forgot to ask. Are you using the new AdSense "Auto Ads" the ones where Google decides where to place them on your page?

Skb

Quote from: lurkalot on July 04, 2018, 06:43:37 AM
Never having used the Ad Management mod I can only guess there's some sort of conflict between the two mods, but I'm curious as to why you need the Ad Management mod when you have a portal installed.  Can't the portal put them where you want?  I run Adsense, but never used a separate mod to display them, always just done it in TP.

Didn't think of that Mick.  :uglystupid2:

I will look into this possibility and uninstall Ad Management Mod if all works well. Thanks for the tip.

SMF 2.1 RC4 (default theme) / TP 2.1.0

lurkalot

Quote from: Skb on July 04, 2018, 08:19:30 AM
Quote from: lurkalot on July 04, 2018, 06:43:37 AM

Didn't think of that Mick.  :uglystupid2:

I will look into this possibility and uninstall Ad Management Mod if all works well. Thanks for the tip.

Yep give it a try, I mean it's not like you have to keep changing the code on a regular basis or anything, so once set up you can leave it.  Also handy you can only show the block to guests if you wish, so's not to annoy your regulars.

I'm using AdSense on this site for example, https://thegardenmachineryforum.co.uk/index.php