TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:48:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 299
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 301
  • Total: 301

Hey Bloc

Started by rider, February 20, 2005, 09:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rider

I'm still using your helious theme.I think its great.My ? is this.Are there any known issues with the theme and running the arcade 102.Am I missing something or do I need to add the arcade.php to the template?Thanks for all that reply.rider.PS I'm having a blast learning this stuff. ;D

Bjørn

I don' think its a problem using the arcade mod. I believe it has its own template which are fetched from the default theme folder anyway. Does it seem to miss anything, which is there in the default theme?

Retell

I have installed a beta version of that on my old board, all you have to do is make a link and add it to the arcade in the "i think" index.template.

Hope that helps

Retell ;)

Bjørn

Yes, for adding a button to start the arcade mod that file is the one.

On another note, I plan to make a module for this portal which can use the games from the arcade mod. It will not use any of the code from the arcade mod, just accepting the games from it. It may also have support for the games from the Amod project for PhpBB.

rider

Quote from: Retell on February 20, 2005, 11:28:17 PM
I have installed a beta version of that on my old board, all you have to do is make a link and add it to the arcade in the "i think" index.template.

Hope that helps

Retell ;)
Thanks for the help but how do you do what you suggest.I'm new to this and don't want to make mistakes.Thanks for the help.rider

Retell

I dont completly remember, do a search for
help.gif
then copy all the code that is included, paste it under that same code. upload like an image for the arcade link and change help.gif to somthing like arcade.gif
and change the action from help to arcade i think.
sry i just woke up this is a little vauge.
Bloc would know this better

Retell ;)

rider

Thank you Bloc and Retell for the help.I think I'll be ok.lol.Btw this site,SMF support forum and their games support forum,you guys are the bomb.The support you guys give is great and we're glad we choose you.Thanks again.rider ;D ;D ;D

rider

Well guys I'm back.We have the arcade working sort of.The admin can see and play the games but the members can't.In the admin panel under edit permissions there is no arcade permissions settings.Any ideas?thanks riderÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, Welcome to Arcade!
You dont have any challenges waiting
An Error Has Occurred!
You arent allowed to view arcade, sorry!ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, 
This is the error the members get.

rider

Hey Bloc,is there a mod to add arcade permissions to the helious theme.I have the arcade working but only the admins can use it.In the edit permissions there is nothing related to the arcade.Thanks.rider

Bjørn

Uhm..have you checked the arcade mod for what the mod actually change in the theme files? If there is , you should be able to do the same on Helios.

But other than that I can't help much on that mod.

rider

Ok.Should the arcade folder be inside the helious theme folder.Thanks rider

Bjørn

I am not sure. I would think it should just be in the forum folder, not in the Themes folder at all. But again, check the mod itself.

rider

We got it. ;D ;D ;D.We had to edit the managepermissions.php.Thanks again for all the help.If you want the link to where I got the info let me know,maybe it will be some use to you.rider  PHP code block..
This text is an echo and this name - rider - is directly drawn from the $context variable.Just wondering what this means.Am I in trouble.LOL

Bjørn

Hehe..no, you are not. ;)

Its simply an example of getting your user-name for instance. So you see your own name and I see "Bloc".

rider

Whew.Being the new kid on the block and getting in trouble all ready isn't good for the image. ;D ;D.Thanks for the help.rider