TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:30:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 336
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 342
  • Total: 342

Block placements query

Started by jernatety, August 11, 2018, 04:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jernatety

Hello,

Under Actions for blocks it has placement check boxes for search, stats, memberlist.....etc.

I created a bottom block with adsense code and turned it on only for guests. I unchecked Display on all pages and and sections, and All forum related sections. However, I checked everything else but it's not showing on any of the other sections I checked.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

lurkalot

Quote from: jernatety on August 11, 2018, 04:26:46 PM
Hello,

Under Actions for blocks it has placement check boxes for search, stats, memberlist.....etc.

I created a bottom block with adsense code and turned it on only for guests. I unchecked Display on all pages and and sections, and All forum related sections. However, I checked everything else but it's not showing on any of the other sections I checked.

I see the block as guest on the various pages I can view.  Was this a new adsense code you generated before adding to the block?  Reason I ask is it might take some time for google to fill it with something.

jernatety

Quote from: lurkalot on August 11, 2018, 04:44:12 PM
Quote from: jernatety on August 11, 2018, 04:26:46 PM
Hello,

I see the block as guest on the various pages I can view.  Was this a new adsense code you generated before adding to the block?  Reason I ask is it might take some time for google to fill it with something.

Which pages? I also have the adsense mod which has 3 placements, 2 of which I have turned on, (above stats) and (first post top of thread). I only have one placement active in TP, and that's bottom block. It shows on the front page but I don't see it anywhere else.

lurkalot

A lot of your pages aren't accessible to guests so it makes it tricky.  Looks like the ads are beginning to populate a bit now.

I see it.
Bottom of stats page, although it asks me to register to see stats.
Register page
Bottom of home page
Bottom of forum index

Also, you say everything else is checked, does that include, All boards, all articles, all article categories? 

If you want them to display below articles you have to set the articles to display bottom BottomBlocks

jernatety

Quote from: lurkalot on August 11, 2018, 05:10:40 PM
A lot of your pages aren't accessible to guests so it makes it tricky.  Looks like the adds are beginning to populate a bit now.

I see it.
Bottom of stats page, although it asks me to register to see stats.
Register page
Bottom of home page
Bottom of forum index

Also, you say everything else is checked, does that include, All boards, all articles, all article categories? 

If you want them to display below articles you have to set the articles to display bottom BottomBlocks

Ok, that ad was on the front page for a few days so I figured when I changed to all areas it would show. I see it now. Thank you.

lurkalot

Yes sometimes takes a while for google to add content to them, I usually display them without fame or titles that way there's no strange looking empty blocks lurking on the page.

Hope it works out for you.  ;)

jernatety

Quote from: lurkalot on August 11, 2018, 05:24:16 PM
Yes sometimes takes a while for google to add content to them, I usually display them without fame or titles that way there's no strange looking empty blocks lurking on the page.

Hope it works out for you.  ;)

O0