TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:11:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 143
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 142
  • Total: 143
  • tino

Re: TP 1.0 on SMF 2.0.7

Started by adambean, February 01, 2015, 05:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adambean

Quote from: lurkalot on February 02, 2015, 11:07:06 AM
09? that would confirm my suspicion.  Install TP 1.0.7 and turn off the blocks untill everything comes back to noemal.  Then we'll sort out the offending block if we can.

Looking for this install now and coming up short ... where do I find the old versions? Tried here, SMF and github ... notta.

lurkalot

Quote from: adambean on February 02, 2015, 12:32:36 PM

Looking for this install now and coming up short ... where do I find the old versions? Tried here, SMF and github ... notta.

Sorry for confusion.  TP 1.0.7 is the internal version name.  You want TP 1.0 which can be found here, or on the SMF modsite. ;)

bloc

Quote from: adambean on February 02, 2015, 12:27:56 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on February 02, 2015, 07:37:08 AM
OK, I should have asked this at the beginning.  What versions of SMF and TP did you upgrade from?  Because if you got 1.0.7 installed and it's messing up the layout, ie left or right panels not working etc.  You might have some old block codes that are not compatible with SMF 2.0.x

If it installs, try turning off your blocks one at a time until the layout comes back. Then tell us what block is causing the issue.

I think my SMF was at 1.14 or something before I started mucking around. My site died in early 2010, so it was quite dated. As for TP, I'm starting to think this is where my issue may reside. I don't believe I fully removed the old install as I still have database components lingering. I believe I was on 0.98? Not sure to be honest.

I got your PM; however it won't let me reply to you due to my account being so new. I used to have an account on here years ago, but can't retrieve it. I'm a hot mess! haha

Went to take your advice on trying panels at a time (in 1.1) and now I'm getting "Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_query() in /home/content/m/r/b/mrbean17/html/Forum/Sources/Load.php(2156) : eval()'d code(127) : eval()'d code on line 242". Ugh.

Sorry, I should have started a new thread. Gonna try to revert back to 1.0 and play with the blocks ... in the interim, I'd love to take ya up on your offer, just don't know how to contact ya.

That error signals its calling a function that did not exist in SMF 1.1..only in SMF 2.0.

lurkalot

Quote from: bloc on February 02, 2015, 04:27:44 PM

That error signals its calling a function that did not exist in SMF 1.1..only in SMF 2.0.

Yep, pretty sure it's code in one of old blocks causing this.

IchBin

As an admin, you can add noblocks to your URL to temporarily disable them.

index.php?action=forum;noblocks

lurkalot

Quote from: IchBin™ on February 02, 2015, 06:22:51 PM
As an admin, you can add noblocks to your URL to temporarily disable them.

index.php?action=forum;noblocks

Cheers Brad.  By the way how many posts does someone have to have here before they can PM?  I can't remember what you set it to.

lurkalot

@ adambean

Had a quick play on your site, and all seems to be working now.  I had to recreate some of the blocks though.  But they work, and all panels now work as expected.

Hope this helps.   ;)

ZarPrime

Quote from: lurkalot on February 02, 2015, 06:31:26 PM

Cheers Brad.  By the way how many posts does someone have to have here before they can PM?  I can't remember what you set it to.

Mick, I don't know if you guys figured that out but the number of posts required to Send PM's was 5, and probably still is, so he should be able to send PM's now.

lurkalot

Quote from: ZarPrime on February 02, 2015, 08:35:57 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on February 02, 2015, 06:31:26 PM

Mick, I don't know if you guys figured that out but the number of posts required to Send PM's was 5, and probably still is, so he should be able to send PM's now.

Thanks Jim. I thought it was around five or six, but wasn't sure.  O0