TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:56:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 86
  • Total: 87
  • tino

TP install not working

Started by Amats, May 27, 2012, 01:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amats

I just installed SMF 2.0.2 and downloaded TinyPortal 1.0 and used Package Manager to try to upload the TP 1 zip file.  It tries to connect but never does.  How do I make this work?
Link to my site: http://botstarwars.com
SMF version - 2.0.2
TP version - 1.0
Default forum language - English
smf default theme - Curve 2.0
Browser - Firefox 12.0
No mods installed
No error messages

IchBin

Tries to connect? What is it trying to connect to? There's no connection being made during the TP install other than to upload the file. It simply uploads the zip file and then the package manager parses the file. If you aren't getting any errors messages or any other details that you can share, I'm afraid there's not much I can do to help.

Amats

When I click on the upload button there is a message in the lower left corner that says "Waiting for botstarwars.com" and the upper web page tab has a continuous circling arrow that says "Connecting" which never ends and never connects evidently.  So this problem cannot be solved?

IchBin

Not from our end at this point. Your server is taking forever to upload the file for some reason. You'll need to see if your host can help, or maybe even ask at SMF. Do you have this problem with any other mods?

Amats

Quote from: IchBin™ on May 27, 2012, 07:19:26 AM
Not from our end at this point. Your server is taking forever to upload the file for some reason. You'll need to see if your host can help, or maybe even ask at SMF. Do you have this problem with any other mods?
No this is the first mod I've added.  Maybe I should try using FileZilla to load it.  I have a 64bit system, would that have anything to do with it?

Lesmond

Your PC operating system will not make any difference!

Amats

I installed FileZilla and successfully installed the file! :D

lurkalot

Quote from: Amats on May 27, 2012, 09:22:49 AM
I installed FileZilla and successfully installed the file! :D

That's great, glad you got it working.  Doesn't help with your package manager issue though.  ;)

WillyP

Mariodieck, I have split your post off to a new topic: Re: TP install not working.