TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:08:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 146
  • Total: 146

[TP1.05] Articles Messed Up In 1.05

Started by NeoMorph, April 02, 2010, 06:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoMorph

For a start it has mashed the title of the article into one long word like "BattlefieldBadCompany2VIPMapPack2released" and it also keeps adding more and more backslashes every time you edit an article so what you end up is something like "game\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s ".

Kind of major problems considering it totally ruins the layout too...  :'(

Xarcell

I have to ask, upgrade or fresh install? What version of SMF?

NeoMorph

Oops... my mistake... Being an ex-programmer I should know better...

I uninstalled 1.04, then installed 1.05. I'm running SMF 1.1.11. No other packages installed.

Considering my real forum is running 1.04 atm I will have to do an update at some date so finding these problems is major for me...

I've attached an image of what is happening too..

IchBin

Does it look the same in the default theme?

Xarcell

reason I ask was that the backslash problem was a bug in TP beta4 and most beta 5 alpha versions, but was fixed by Beta 5 public. Or so we thought it was fixed.

We are not sure of what causes the problem, but I no longer had that problem when testing pre-release of beta 5.

NeoMorph

Reproduced it in the default theme too...

You say it was a bug in beta 4 but I never saw it happen once in beta 4.

Really wierd...

Edit: I've gone back to beta 4 and confirmed that it isn't present there... No backslash spamming and the article title doesn't have the spaces removed either.

One other thing... I noticed that the titles for the blocks are based on the theme in beta 4 but they aren't for beta 5. Am I correct in thinking that there is a template somewhere for the blocks that has been added in beta 5?

The layout of the articles themselves have changed in beta 5... Another template change?

NeoMorph

Another thing... the comments under the article have vanished even though they are enabled in the article editor. The rating selector is missing too...

Has the installer missed some code out somewhere?

Kimmen

I also get this / problem, on all my phpcode snippets. The code gets to be full of / signs, and nothing gets displayed.

NeoMorph

I swappped backward and forward between beta 4 and 5 last night... it's definately something in beta 5 that is messed up as the backslashes aren't happening in 4, the article name doesn't get de-spaced and the layouts are fine. Load up 5 and it all goes to pot.

Xarcell