TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:40:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 98
  • Total: 98

install from backup not working

Started by ~FS~grizz, August 24, 2018, 08:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~FS~grizz

SMF 2.0.15 and TinyPortal 1.3

background:
downgraded hosting service, was told need to move to different server and backup my data for transfer.
backed up database using MyPHPAdmin, used Installatron to backup website
imported database, uploaded zipfile of website backup and extracted

Chrome: blank white page,
Firefox: blank white page,
Android: blank white page,
Edge: This content can't be shown in a frame
There is supposed to be some content here, but the publisher doesn't allow it to be displayed in a frame. This is to help protect the security of any information you might enter into this site.
Try this
Open this in a new window

When I open in a new window, the site displays but very slowly....this website worked when I created backup.
So far I only see that it has something to do with frames and exploring fresh installs with Installatron it seems that by default, backup with Installatron may not have contained all files in folder.

My webhost has no idea and thinks this is SMF or TinyPortal problem....I will post this same at SMF.

@rjen

My first suggestion would be core SMF install (or server settings) and not TP.

A link to the forum might be helpful?
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

~FS~grizz

fsclan.org

I have it in maintenance mode and like I said, white screen on all browsers except Edge, comes with prompt to open in new window.
All references to that online are not good and not very helpful, especially considering this worked before backup

illori

<frame src="http://www.nativespirits.ca/FS-main/" frameborder="0"> for security SMF does not show in frames, remove the frame and it will work fine.

~FS~grizz

Thanks, I will look for that - any idea what file it is in?
I downloaded and searched index.php

illori

most likely index.php or index.html in the main folder of your website. this is not related to your forum files. i would recommend removing that page completely and putting in an .htaccess redirect to your forum, or move the forum to the main folder and fix your paths.